Mystery Neighbor

Chapter 4

Whoa that dream last night was crazy, Im still having flashbacks as if it was real. I didn't even know I could have dreams like that. Damn maybe I'm attracted to Kai a bit more than I thought. My mom just had to call me in the middle of the best wet dream I've ever had. Well anyway today is Monday and I'm back to surviving this New York life. I am still a bit pissed off at myself for treating my neighbor like that, especially cause she was fine as hell. Well hopefully I'll bump into her some time soon. I know she is on the first floor so maybe she is directly underneath me... Mhmmmm, I'll check after work.

The work day flies by and no weird visits from Mr.Johnson, today was a decent day I think to myself. Hopping into to my Uber I get a notification on IG that I have a new follower @kaisoflyy. Hmmm Kai is following me on IG now.... "Alright calm down Selah, you don't even know this girl". I guess I was hoping that she actually did ask me out on a date and that it wasnt just in the dream but hey she comes with baggage so I'll just calm that down.... At least I'll try, I giggle to myself. I start to scroll on her IG and see Luna is tagged in one of her pictures and they look a bit intimate in the picture... hmm I think to myself. I swipe left to see the other photos in the post and there are a couple of people who I don't know in the picture but I do see Maeve & Daria. I hit follow back and smile to myself.

Pulling up to the apartment I ask the Uber to drop me at the sushi spot at the corner of my block. I order a whole bunch of sushi to get me through the week basically enough for a family of 6. I walk into my complex and remember my neighbor. I walk to see if anyone outside looks like her and just my luck no one was around. I walk to the door that is right under my apartment and knock on it. To my surprise a beautiful girl with Caramel brown skin and braids down to her butt opens the door. "Oh my apologies I thought this was someone else's apartment" I say embarrassed. "Oh are you looking for Armani" she replies as she turns to get a girls attention. Before I could tell her I have no idea who Armani is she had left the door way. I look up and to my surprise it's my mystery neighbor. She looks at me annoyed "oh it's you, what do you want". I stop for a second seeing that she looks even better than I remembered. "Hey I just wanted to apologize for yesterday I was a bit on edge and you didn't deserve that" I reply apologetically. She rolls her eyes and replies "you lucky you fine... and I'm not too mad at that show you gave me yesterday" she laughed. "Yeah also sorry for that as well, I didn't even feel the breeze" I say as I try to hide my embarrassed face. We both chuckle at each other and there is a bit of uncomfortable silence as we look away from each other.

"Well I should get going, I have an early morning" I say to Armani trying to get out of this awkward moment. "What you doing with all that sushi?" she says not ready for me to go. "Uh this is for my work week" I laugh to myself. "Well I have a great bottle of wine to go with some of that sushi if you can spare a few rolls" Armani replies. "I think that can be arranged but wouldn't your girl mind me coming into your house?" I ask searching for clarity. "What..Who.. Farrah? Nah that's my roommate not my girl" she chuckled. "Oh okay, we'll let me go change and I'll come down for that wine" I say with an excited smirk.

I run up my stairs and walk in to see Prey playing with her favorite toy. I pet prey and put food in her dish. Running to the bathroom to make sure I look a bit put together. I take all my clothes off and give myself a hoe bath. I catch myself in the mirror "ugh I'm so bloated..."I say to myself. I search for something cute to wear. I pair black leggings with a cute varsity crewneck with my UGG slides. "The slick ponytail is just gonna have to stay in tonight" I say to myself. I apply some powder to my oily face and head down the stairs to Armani's apartment.

I knocked on the door and Armani opens the door looking me up and down. "I look crazy I know" I reply shaking my head. "I was definitely not gonna say that, I was gonna say you look good in everything" she replied confidently. I smirked a bit as she invited me into her home. Farrah pops her head out her room and greets me "hey welcome to our lovely apartment, oh and I'm having one of my niggas over so if you hear yelling don't mind it" I look at Armani a bit confused and she just rolls her eyes at Farrah's statement. We both laugh and sit at their dining room table. I look around at the spacious 2 bedroom apartment just downstairs from me. "This is a really nice apartment Armani" I say while looking around. "How do you know my name" she looks at me confused. "Oh shit your roommate uhhh, Farrah told me it before you walked to the door earlier. I'm not crazy or anything" I chuckled to myself. "Yeah sure you aren't, you were a bit crazy yesterday so it's sort of on brand for you crazy" she said mockingly.

Ignoring the new found pet name she gave me, I sat down at the table as she open a bottle of Stella Rose Black. "Hmm you tryna get freaky, I just met you" I say jokingly. She laughs "look this is all I got so if it gets a little freaky in here I won't be mad at it" she says smirking at me. "I can't get too drunk tonight I have an early morning" I reply trying to look away from her cute ass smile. "I got you.... Uh oh shit I never got yo name" she looks up at me. "It's Selah" I say still trying not to look her in the eyes. "That's a pretty ass name for a pretty ass girl" she says while looking me up and down. Clearing my throat I start to open up some of the sushi I bought.

We laugh and talk while eating our sushi, I look over to see a camera and a whole bunch of camera equipment. "You a photographer or is that's Farrah's" I ask intrigued. We both laugh to each other because at the same time I say Farrah's name we hear loud banging and moaning coming from her room. "It's mine, Im a photographer on the side" she says shyly. "Well that's really cool, I'm interested in photography as well but more as a hobby" I reply. She goes on a tangent about her love for photography and asks if I ever thought about modeling. I reply "no way I look crazy but I do have a few model friends" she looks at me disappointed and replies "damn well whenever you want to be in front of the camera just knock on my door" she laughed.

I start to feel the Stella Rose through my body, all I can do it focus on her lips as she talks. As she sits across from me I take every inch of her in, from her freshly retwisted locs that's fall just above her shoulders. To her big chocolate eyes, double nose piercing and moisturized pink lips. To her black wife beater and all her exposed tattoos. She realizes I'm not really paying attentions and she stops talking.

"Damn you feeling it already" she say looking me in my eyes. I smirk a bit and reply "hell yeah it been a long day and this is all I ate today". She looks at me shocked and replies "well we can't have sushi be the only thing in your stomach, I'll make you some meals throughout the week and bring it up to you". " no I couldn't ask you to do that" I reply trying to get my thoughts together. "Well good thing you didn't ask" she says confidently. "Let me walk you to your door" she says as she gets up trying to clean up.

I get myself together and grab the left over bag of sushi. "Thank you for accepting my apology and letting me come over" I say to her as we walk up the stairs. "of course I know I would have been a bit on edge too if someone came to my apartment trying to tell me to turn down the music" we laugh together.

We get to my door and I turn to her "no but for real thank you, New York has been a bit lonely. So I'm glad I can come downstairs and bother you now." I say to her looking shyly. "No problem Crazy" she replies. She is standing over me with both her hands against my door. Looking at me hungrily she presses her soft lips against mine and before I could kiss back I hear "Damn Ma that's crazy". In absolute distress I know exactly whose voice that was. I push Armani off of me and look over at Kai disappointed face. "Kai hey... I was" before I could finish my statement she had already walked out the apartment complex. "You didn't say you had a girl" Armani looks at me confused. "I don't, she is just my friend.... I think" I reply saddened. "You think? Well how about you figure that out and knock on my door when you aren't thinking so hard about it" Armani replied angrily while walking down the stairs.

Damn wtf just happened, I think to myself. I don't even know why Kai was mad we just made out a little on Friday and I haven't heard from her since. Whatever I guess I have to make it up to Armani. "GIRLS ARE SO ANNOYING" I yell out loud walking into my apartment. Let me text Kai and at least explain myself.

*IG Notification

@maevethegreat tagged you & @kaisoflyy in a post

Did Kai block me? Every time I click on her @ it say user not found. Wow really Kai, your mad childish I yell out loud. I try to call Kai's number and it goes straight to voicemail. "Ok fine, fuck you too Kai" I say to myself. Ughhhhh I lay in my bed with frustration.

*Phone Dings*

Maeve 😇: girl what did you do to Kai she is going on a tangent on her IG story about how girls ain't loyal 😂 call me girl

"You've got to be kidding me" I say to myself