Out With The Friends

Chapter 2

After getting that text from Maeve, I sort of zone out. I barely know this girl but Maeve thought I needed to know she had baggage. I don't know... I'm a bit confused about it all. The car ride was fun though we laughed and rapped city girls together. Too bad she has baggage but she probably isn't even interested in me in the first place.

We finally pull up to Las Lap and Kai finds parking like she knows everyone in the city. We walk in to see Maeve and her 2 other friends. Maeve is very tall and lanky lightskin girl with freckles all over her face. She moved here when we were just 19 so that she can further her modeling career. She introduces me to her 2 friends... one was darkskin and thick and had beautiful long locs named Daria she was wearing the cutest 2 piece set from pretty little thing. The other friend was Hispanic... I think. She had to be about 5'2 small built with a nice plump butt. Her name is Luna and was one of Maeve's friend from her industry.

As I'm being introduced Kai walks in behind me like as if we were together. Not paying her any attention I start talking to Daria but I realize Luna is sending daggers my way. I move to the side to see Kai standing right next to me as she is waving to the girls. Luna ignores Kai's hi, we all notice the awkwardness. Maeve looks at me and makes a face. Me being oblivious to anything that is happening I go to the bar to get green tea shots for everyone.

Kai follows me to the bar and puts her hand on my exposed lower back. I look at her with confusion and anger as to why she is so close to me and I barely know her. She realizes she is a bit to close and retracts her arm. "Did I do something wrong Ma" she questions. I reply " uh yeah your a bit close to me" she sees I'm annoyed a walks away. I think to myself maybe I was a bit too harsh. I tend to be very defensive when people are trying to get to know me especially since that night. "Ugh I need therapy" I think to myself.

Maeve comes to the bar to check on me, "you good, I saw Kai tryna talk to you, you want me to cuss her out?" Maeve says with her new found New York accent. I reply "no boo she is good". I tell the bartender to make 2 more green tea shots and Maeve and I throw them back before bringing the others back to the table. Once we walk back to the table we see Luna cussing Kai out and Daria just excited to see us back at the table. "Is everything good y'all?" Maeve asked ready to fight. Luna replies "yeah we are good for now". I wonder what the drama is between Luna & Kai and why was Kai attached to my hip once we got in the bar? I thought these were Kai's friends too?

After about 4 rounds of green tea shots and 3 mixed drinks later we are all wasted. The DJ starts to play Jamaican music now that it's getting late and I couldn't be more excited. Throughout the night Kai and I can't take our eyes off each other. I keep thinking to myself there is no way she can be interested in me but her intense stares tell me differently. We are all dancing near our table as the DJ starts playing No Letting go by Wayne Wonder. Kai and I start dancing closer to the point that are heart beats were in sync. I start whining on Kai like there was nobody in the bar but her and I. She catch's every beat with me and her hands are gently placed upon my waist.

Daria & Maeve being so drunk they didn't hesitate to record us on IG for their followers. Not realizing how long we were dancing together the last song plays and we finally face each other. Kai looks down at me with a hungry gaze and presses her lips against mine. Without hesitation I kiss her back, her big soft lips against mine. Forgetting where we were we started to feel on each others body. Maeve calls our names to get our attention so we don't end up having sex in the bar and tells us the party is over. I then snap out of it and remember all the weird vibes Luna was giving Kai and I try to find Luna but she is not even at the bar any more. I look over at Kai and she is looking at me like she definitely can't drive me home safely.

I get a glass of water from the bar for both of us and make her chug it. I felt so much better after the water but Kai was slumped. Maeve walks over to us "are y'all gonna be ok to get home or should I get you guys an Uber" she says slurring her words. "We are fine, I'm ok to drive and I just let her stay over my house" I say a bit annoyed. Maeve starts to walk off, I stop her and ask "hey where did Luna go, I wanted to say bye" Maeve replied "she had an early morning photo shoot so she left earlier". With a little bit of relief I replied okay and walked Kai out to the car.

Once I put Kai in the car I realize I'm a bit too lit to drive her nice Audi so I go to the closest gas station and get 2 water bottles for us. We sit at the gas station for another hour as I sober up and head to my house. I try to wake Kai up to see is she is ok to drive home but she is still drunk sleeping. "She is definitely sleeping at my house" I say to myself annoyed. I start to drive to my house and she wakes up a bit and lays her hand on my thigh.

We arrive at my house and I carry Kai's 5'9 body up a whole flight of stairs to my apartment. We are greeted by Prey who seems to be a bit confused as to who the person I'm dragging in to our apartment is. I lay Kai down on my couch and put the water bottle next to her. Still a bit tipsy I stumbled to the bathroom to take my makeup off. I walk out to find Kai woke up a bit. "Are you ok?" I asked concerned. She looks at me shocked and replies "you are so pretty even without makeup on." I smirk and giggle to myself. By the time I look back up she is back to sleep on the couch. I go over to her and take her Jordan 1s off and lay a blanket over her. I finish getting ready for bed and go to sleep. Once I woke up Kai was gone. "That was a really crazy night" I think to myself. I check my phone and I have 2 messages

Maeve 😇: hope you guys got home safely. Last night was crazy.... And you went home with Kai 🤦🏼‍♀️ call me when you get up I want all the details.

718-334-2325(maybe Kai): thank you for last night, I'll see you real soon.