Chapter 7

I woke up to the sun in my face, the rays hitting me square in my eyes. I squinted and stood up sharply, my back protesting with some pain. I scrubbed my eyes as I turned to process where I was.

I had fallen asleep in the car on the way back from the party last night. I had been so mad at Cade and myself and the fucking world that I just slept off without realizing.

I recognized the room as my own; the hand-drawn images on my walls being the only reminder. I spread my legs on my bed, my skin pressing against another person. I looked beside me in fear. Cade laid beside me peacefully, his chest rising and falling silently. His hair was all over the place, the strands damp from the night.

I guessed he had helped me upstairs last night because I couldn't really remember coming up. I climbed over him and dropped to the other side of the bed. I got my phone off the counter, thankful that he had plugged it. I made a silent reminder to thank him later.

I checked for any new messages.

You have two notifications.

I tapped the little box, the two notifications spilling out.

Messages: New messages from Zeke.

Instagram: You have one new follower: tat_lord

I tapped the messaging app first.

Zeke:

9:28pm

Hey, you didn't reply to my message or the picture. You okay?

9:40pm

Um I'm sorry, but did the pics freak you out or something?

10:05pm

Bro are u okay? You're freaking me out. U said something about being in a car. Did you crash or something??

11:19pm

Goodnight. I hope u are good...

That was where the messages ended. I drew my hand over my face and yawned. I stared at my ceiling and scratched my neck, my morning getting off with a bad start because I was already feeling like an insensitive prick. I had forgotten to reply to Zeke's messages after Cade had taken my phone from me last night. I frowned slightly. Everything circled back to Cade; the reason for my lack of post-nut clarity and my reason for making Zeke worry.

I typed out a quick sorry to Zeke and explained the situation to him. I told him about how I was mid-foreplay and my dick of a friend cockblocked me with his dramatics.

Zeke:

Lmaooo. Omg I wish I could have seen your face. Speaking of, wanna hang out today? I'm kinda free except for one tat session I have with a client around 4pm. We could head to the bowling alley or whatever.

I smiled confusedly into my phone. I searched my head for my schedule. I had nothing planned for today except for going to meet up with Colt and Camila and check on them. I wanted to agree, but then I backtracked how was I sure that he wasn't some serial killer that preyed on hot boys that ordered burgers and shakes on Tuesday mornings -specific, I know, but there were a lot of weird and frightening minds out there.

You:

How am I supposed to know that you aren't some serial killer or robber?

His reply was almost instant; like he had been expecting me to ask that.

Zeke:

Well, if it makes you feel safer, we'll be meeting at very public places 😉