Chapter 15

Camila's POV:

I came down from my room all dressed and ready for school, Ivan making breakfast in the kitchen. My mom was sitting at the table sipping coffee and eating one of Ivan's casseroles. I sighed as the heat of the kitchen and the amazing aroma filled my nose.

"Good morning, mama," I bent down to kiss her on her forehead before snagging her cup of coffee and taking a sip.

"Hey! Make your own coffee, mama!" She yelled at me with the nickname that everyone used for me. I giggled as I dropped her mug in front of her, completely ignoring her death glare. I went up to Ivan who was tapping away at his phone while my eggs cooked.

"What up, shorty?" I asked as I bent down to get a cup from the bottom drawer. Ivan rolled his eyes at my silly nickname for him. He is almost a whole taller than me, after all. "I'm good, just talking with some guy I met at the bar last night." He said with a small smile on his face as something funny popped up on his phone. He used one hand to type on the screen while skillfully using the other to flip my eggs.

"Oh and don't forget to remind Vince that we're picking him up today, so he can save on gas, alright?" he reminded me. I nodded my head as my mouth was filled with ready-made toast that he had been keeping warm for me in the oven.

I set my plate and cup by his book that lay face down on the counter, the covers redesigned by him in such a way that newspapers covered them. He usually did that with books that he didn't want anyone to know the name of. I brushed it to the side so my coffee wouldn't accidentally spill on it and then we'd have a murder case on our hands.

I took my phone out of my pocket and navigated to the messaging app and opened it. He sent a message to the group chat last night it seems. I opened it and my eyes grew wide with excitement. He finally made it into the team! I told him there wasn't any need to worry, after all.

I sent him a quick chat telling him to make sure he had his ass downstairs in time for our usual pick-up. I dropped my phone down hoping to get to the amazing breakfast my twin brother had prepared, but my phone dinged again. I picked it up thinking it would be Vince messaging to tell me more about the whole thing, but lo and behold, it was Colt. I sighed.

Colt:
hallo bitch! Imma be late today so don't wait up 4 me.

You:
I don't give a fuck boi. See u later :p

Colt:
My heart is cracking babe (>﹏<)

I ignored the latter part of his sentence and his text altogether, his nickname for me making me want to puke. I settled down and started devouring the piece of culinary perfection that lay before me. Ivan went up to change his shirt as he had already showered earlier and didn't want the smell of food sticking to him. My mom went up to her room to get ready for work and in no time, we were all out of the house.

=0=0=0=0=

I pulled up in front of Vincent's house and got out, my jean jacket flaying in the light breeze. I knocked to a certain tune -the opening theme used on Pornhub before waiting at the door. A few seconds later, Mrs. Ife unlocked the door to the building.

"Ah, Camila, this one you are here, I hope all is well?" she asked with a small laugh. I beamed at her.

"Yes, ma'am. I'm only here to pick up Vinny." I said as I stepped in. she turned to look at me with a confused expression. "What do you mean you came to pick him up? He told me last night that would be spending a night at his friend's house, I thought it would be one of you guys. It was shortly after the results for his swimming team thing came out, so I was sure he was out celebrating with you all." my eyes widened in realization. He could be at Cade's for all I knew. But the funny thing is that he didn't text me to not bother coming here... I'll give him an earful at school.