chapter 6

Zuzi sat on the beach alone. She thought about what bradley had said and how she felt.

It wasn't fair. She understood him but all she had done was being there for him. It wasn't fair.

She felt a presence next to her. Maverick.

"I know i'm not the person you would want to talk to first now. But i came to apologise." she looked at him.

He continued. "What i said a few days ago was not in my position to say." She breathed in.

"i don't blame you, it's true. I can't control my anger but up there it's safe, i'm safe. Or at least it feels like it. I have always let my anger get in control but it's not always something bad." she answered.

It really wasn't always something bad. She often would do things that were less thought through but would work better.

It lifted a weight she didn't know she had off her shoulders when i said that.

"I feel like i've seen you before, but i can't put a finger on it." she wondered to him.

He agreed. There was something familiar.

"what's you moms name?" he asked suddenly.

"Nana Chung"

It made sense now. Why she was so familiar, why he remembered her from something. She was his daughter.

There was a period where Nana had lived in the US before going back to japan. They had meet at a bar in the city.

He didn't know he got her pregnant. She never called to complain. She was to polite for that.

"what?" Zuzi broke him out of his thoughts.

"Me and your mother met a night, at a bar. We met a few times and lost all contact after that. I didn't know i got her pregnant. She didn't tell me or call me. or maybe one time but i don't remember."

Zuzi looked down at the sand before looking the man right in his eyes. Before looking her father right in his eyes.

"what?" she wanted to curl up in bed and cry. she stood up and started to walk away.

He wanted to run after her, catch up with his daughter but he knew it might just be to late now.

"Let her go Mav." Penny said from the door. He looked and saw her driving away in her jeep.

Meanwhile Zuzi went straight to bed and started crying.

The man she had always had so high expectations to was someone like Maverick.

They had to talk at some point anyways but that had to wait. She didn't ever want to move out of bed.

She also had to talk to bradley sometime. Fix things before the mission.

She found her phone and found natasha's number. Zuzi asked her to bring ice cream and wine.

Together the two sat and watched gossip girl, eating ice and drinking wine.

Zuzi crying half of the time and laughing like a manic with her best friend the other half.

She and natasha fell asleep on the couch a few hours later.

karaloni, 2022