Chapter 10

Sam drove me home not long after, and then went back to the last hour of so of practice. I hoped she didn't get in trouble or anything. I realized how there was only one goalie there today because Bella was out, Abby was still sick, I had a mental breakdown, and so that left the random college girl. 

I just kind of stayed in my room all day, didn't even go out to see Soph when she got home. She left again to go get lunch with someone, and I FaceTimed my college best friend Kelsey. 

"You'll be here in a few days. I literally can not wait." I said. 

"Me neither. We're flying in tomorrow because of the big storm that's supposed to happen on Wednesday and crazy flight delays that will be Thursday. Don't wanna take any chances." She said. 

"Well can we hang out, like, as soon as you get in?" I asked. "Please? I have so much I need to tell you."

"Yeah of course. Is everything okay?" 

"Not really." 

"Tell me now?" 

"In person." I said. 

"Alright. Does it have anything to do with that picture on that dumb gossip Instagram or whatever?" 

"Maybe." 

"Oh no." 

"Yeah." 

"How's Sophia and everyone? How's your dad? Dylan? Your brothers? Your sister?" 

"Everyone's good, I think. Um, I kind of ended things with Dylan in the worst way, so that's that, and I haven't really talked to Sophia much today. Long story. You'll hear tomorrow." 

"Well I'm so ready. Also I know I texted you but I can't believe I never called to say congrats on your first game, dude. I'm proud of you. You were ridiculous. I was watching. I flipped out when I saw you, and my roommate was like 'what the hell?' and I was all like 'it's Taylor! It's Tay!' and I kept yelling the whole game. When you gave that assist? Insane. I miss playing with you so much." 

"I just miss you in general." I said. "Tomorrow can't come fast enough." 

"Me too. I'm so excited." 

I got a text from Morgan saying 'I'm coming over.' Great. 

"Alright Kels. I gotta go. Morgan's coming over." 

"Alright Tay. Love you." 

"Love you too. See you tomorrow!" 

"See you tomorrow!" 

I hung up after that, and I got changed out of my pajamas and into normal clothes. I had changed out of my practice clothes when I got home, because I forgot to leave them at the training facility.