Chapter 12

I did really well at practice, essentially taking my anger out on the ball on goal kicks and punts and stuff. 

Apparently I didn't smile once during practice, which was unusual because I'm normally all smiles and laughing and funny jokes. 

Bella Bixby was at practice, but can't play because she had a concussion that was going to put her out for the rest of the season. 

And I heard that the new starting spot was between Abby and I, because I played so well the other night. She's supposed to be the second string, but I played better last night then she did in a game earlier that season. 

I was dreading going home, because I didn't want to see Sophia or be forced to be around her. 

I also didn't want to see Morgan, so I had almost nothing to do until Kelsey was done training. 

I asked Sam Coffey if she was busy, and we went to some of the random fields to play for a bit longer, and then we went to get coffee. 

I posted on my Instagram story 'Coffee with Coffey' and I was laughing so hard. 

I really had such a good time with her at the field. It was easy, not my recent relationship and cheating and lying and keeping secrets issues. I forgot about everything and just played soccer and talked to her.  

As soon as I stepped out of that coffee shop, all of my problems came rushing back to me in a big gust of Portland air that made me shiver. 

I checked my texts for the first time in hours, and I had a million from Morgan, a few from Kelsey, but none from Sophia. And for some reason that made me upset. 

I went to Kelsey's first, because I assumed that meant she was done practice, and if she was she probably couldn't wait any longer to hang out. 

I was right, and I happily called her while I said my goodbyes to Sam. 

"TAY!" She yelled into the phone happily. 

"KELS!" I returned her energy. 

"So when and where are we hanging out?" 

"You have a hotel room?" I asked. 

"Yes. We aren't sharing either." 

"Sweet." 

"You wanna come to my tiny little hotel room and not your own apartment?" 

"Yes." 

"Why?" 

"Soph and I are in a little.....fight. She's not happy with me." 

"It's your apartment too." 

"Eh, it just feels wrong. I can try to patch things up for tomorrow or an upcoming day. It's complicated and I will tell you everything when I get to the hotel. Send me the address." 

"Sounds good." 

So I drove to the hotel, and Kelsey was in the lobby to meet me. 

We ran up to each other, like every cliche reuniting scene in a movie or something stupid like that. I gave her much a tight hug II thought my arms were going to fall off. I missed her so much, even though I saw her during our July break. It's so hard to be away from her for so long. 

We chatted the whole time we went up the elevator, and once we got to her room she locked the door and she gave me a big smile. 

"So tell me everything." 

I started telling her how I broke up with Dylan, and she told me that he was shit anyway. Then I told her about Morgan. 

Then I realized Morgan really was my rebound, like the definition of one. 

Then I questioned everything in my head. Do I really like Morgan or is it the idea of her? Is it the idea of a rebound to make him jealous? Do I like Sophia more? Do I wish she was my rebound? Kind of.....what? Is Kelsey hot? Wait what? Sh looks good right now. Taylor, shut up. You have Morgan. Your rebound. And Sophia is basically in love with you, but she won't admit it. You can't add a third into the mix.....

Kelsey was leaning in, and I literally couldn't resist. 

"What was that for?" I asked. 

"I've wanted to do that again for so long, you have no idea." 

"Kelsey-" 

"I know. You've got Morgan. But..." 

Her blue eyes were so irresistible, and the look on her face was so.....

"If you....are we...." 

She kissed me again, but then stopped randomly. 

"This is so horrible of me." 

"No it's not." 

"It really is. I think we both need to go our for drinks. You agree?" 

"I mean why not?"