Chapter 14

Turns out Sophia didn't just know, somehow a picture of us together at the bar kissing got leaked on that dumb gossip instagram page. 

It wasn't clearly me, but it was clearly Kelsey. 

Morgan doesn't look at that crap, right? 

No one's gonna tell her, right? 

I was quiet at practice, and both of the other goalies noticed. Even Bella came over and said I wasn't turning to talk to everyone like usual. 

"Riel what's up with you?" She asked at a water break. 

"Nothing." I said. "Why do you ask?" 

"You have a....look....on your face." 

"What kind of look?" 

"You look....fragile. Like I could break you if I said the wrong thing." 

"Well you can. So be careful what you say." 

"Should I make that a thing or what?" 

"Just don't draw attention to me, Bixby." I said. "Yo, Weaver!" 

"What's up-" Morgan came over to me, but I interrupted her with a kiss. 

I didn't feel any spark, or passion. 

But when I looked at her, I couldn;t help but think about how pretty she was. 

And she's attractive. 

But why did I feel almost nothing? 

Why did that feel like the one night stand kiss I had with Kelsey? One I knew would mean nothing going forward? 

I put a smile on my face, but she didn't really have one. 

"What's wrong?" I asked. 

"Can we talk after practice?" 

"Of course." 

Wonderful. 

I had a feeling of relief almost, feeling like she was going to break up with me and I would be free to do as I liked with no guilt. 

But I also feared the fact that we wouldn't be friends anymore. 

I also thought about how I felt more when I kissed Sophia thatn Morgan. 

----------

I followed Morgan to her car after practice, so we could talk. 

"I need to tell you something. And I really need to get it off my chest." Said Morgan. 

"Go ahead." I said. 

"I did something bad." 

"Oh no." 

"Last night, when you weren't answering my texts, I got upset. And nervous." 

"And then...." 

"I had a drink, or two, maybe three...." She trailed off. "And I called my ex." 

I gave no reaction because I didn't know what she wanted or expected. I just stared into my lap. 

"And I'm really so sorry. Because the phone call turned into more than that. We-" 

"I can get the point." I said, contemplating whether to tell her about Kelsey or not. 

I decided against it, but I wasn't about to make her upset. Especially because I felt no jealousy, and I wasn't upset myself. 

"I'm not upset with you, Morgan." I said. "Not at all. So you shouldn't be upset with yourself either." 

"But I am!" 

"Don't beat yourself up over it. Because things happen. I understand that." 

I still wondered whether to tell her about Kelsey, or maybe Sophia. 

I'm a horrible person. 

We sat in silence for a while before I told her I'd call her later. 

The fact that this didn't sting at all just showed we weren't meant to be.