Chapter 13

Kelsey and I had a few too many drinks, and we got giggly and a bit more than that. 

We went back to the hotel room, so obviously THAT happened. 

We were both too giggly to sleep, so we just talked. 

"You know, I've always wanted to do that." She said. 

"Do what?" I asked her. 

"What do you think? Sleep with you!" She giggled. "I've wanted that since before we became best friends. Just once. Just once. Never again. But I wanted it once, and I got it." 

"Really?" 

"Mhm." Kelsey said. "You're like, perfect. That's why everyone is in love with you. I'm not, but everyone else is." 

"That's not true." I laughed. "I'm a horrible person. I'm a slut. No denying that one." 

"I mean, a little bit. But everyone loves you. You're completely perfect, Taylor. Your blue eyes, your blonde hair, that adorable band of freckles that goes across your nose...your kindness, your positive attitude, your hard work ethic, how caring you are....why wouldn't anyone be in love with you?" She said. 

"But I'm not-" 

"That's why you're in this whole predicament. Sophia or Morgan. You obviously love Sophia. And while you love Morgan, you don't wanna break her heart. That's why you didn't deny her. Tay, it's an easy story to read from the outside looking in." 

"It's a lot more than that, Kelsey." 

"Is it really? Because you're a read, but you aren't an open book." 

"It is." 

"And who can read you better? Sophia or Morgan?" 

The answer was Sophia, but I acted like I was thinking. 

"Just think about that." She flipped the other way, and got comfortable. "Goodnight, Taylor." 

"Night, Kelsey." I said, and I got comfortable too. 

After about 2 minutes, I felt something touch my back. 

"It's Sophia, isn't it." Kelsey said. 

"How did you know?" 

"I just know." 

I flipped to face her. 

"Teach me your magic." 

"Nope." She laughed. "Never. You're my best friend and I love you, but nope." 

"That's mean." 

We sat in silence for a little while. 

"While you're here...." She trailed off. 

"Round 2?" I giggled. 

"If you insist." 

This was my last night of stupid behavior. After tonight, my focus is on Morgan and only Morgan. 

----------

I left the hotel early because I had practice today. I had a million texts from people because I hadn't checked my phone all afternoon or night. 

Some from my dad, one from my brother, one from my sister, one from Sam, some from other teammates, and a ton from Morgan. 

"Hang out later?" I asked Kelsey as I grabbed my hoodie. I realized it was probably a bad idea, but I already said it. 

"Sure. Call me after practice." She yawned. "That's my shirt, you know." 

"I don't have time to try and find mine. I gotta go." I said, grabbing the door handle. 

"I'm wearing it." 

"It's fine. Keep it." I opened the door after that. "Later, Kels." 

"Bye." 

I went to my car, and as soon as I felt the early morning chill, I put on my hoodie. 

I'm better off anyway, because Kelsey's shirt was a bit big for me, and the sweatshirt will mask the smell that is not mine if I run into Soph or Morgan. 

I walked into my apartment, and Sophia was asleep on the couch, TV remote in her hand and the TV on. 

I was back really early, so early that I knew her alarm wouldn't go off for another hour, so I covered her with the blanket that had fallen off of her. 

I figured it would be in my best interest to try to actually get some sleep, so I closed my curtains and set my alarm. 

I did end up falling asleep, but woke up not long later to Sophia standing over me. 

"Where the hell were you?" She asked. 

"What?" 

"Last night." 

"I went to visit Kelsey." 

"How late were you out?" 

"Why so many questions?" 

"It was 2 questions!" 

"2 too many!" 

"Your eyeliner is like all over your face." 

"So?" 

"That means you never came home last night." 

"Soph-" 

"I waited up for you to make things right. I'm sorry for saying those things and I realized how lonely I am without you." 

"Sophia." 

"I mean it in a best friend roommate way." She said. "I need you too much for you to not be in my life. And I know it's dramatic, but it's how I feel. I will stay out of your relationship with Morgan if you will just be my friend." 

"Alright." I said. 

"Now, as your best friend, where were you with Kelsey last night. You look hungover." 

"We got drinks." 

"And what else?" 

"I slept over." 

"How ling did you sleep?" 

"Okay what do you want me to admit?" I asked, sitting up. 

"I know you slept with her." 

"What?" 

"She's hot. I get it." 

"How did you-"

"I just know."