9. Ice cream

Hueningkai was snooping. Yes, he was snooping around Soobin's room. hardly a minute after Soobin left, Kai had started looking. He had been at it for an hour. He did feel bad for lying to Soobin, but, he needed to win the dark haired human over. His freedom was on the line.

Kai rummaged through a bin containing things of questionable importance, most of Soobin's belongings had told him nothing useful so far. It seemed that he owned pretty normal stuff for a college student,

books, pens, clothes, blankets, notebooks, and plenty of instant ramyeon. The one thing of interest that Kai had found so far was an old picture of Soobin and what looked like Yeonjun, Taehyun and Beomgyu.

The photo was most likely from high school, and from the way Taehyun was looking at Beomgyu instead of the camera, they must have been together. They still were--his angel foresight told him. Cute.

But, it didn't help him. Kai wasn't exactly sure what he was looking for, but he was sure he would be when he found it. So he kept looking. He searched every drawer in the dresser, and the one in the bedside table.

Then he knelt down before the bed. It was pretty close to the floor, and there wasn't much space under it, but it was his last resort. His foresight told him he wouldn't find anything, but he looked anyway.

Darkness and dust bunnies, and--the glint of something metal. Feeling hopeful, Kai stretched his hand toward the unidentified object. Cold metal met his fingertips, and he wrapped his hand around-- ?

A pen. Kai sighed, of course, his hunches were never wrong after all. He stood, about to abandon his search, when his eyes fell on Soobin's pillow. He cocked his head, sinking onto the bed, he picked up the blue-cased pillow.

when he saw what lay beneath, a slow smile spread across his features.

* * *

"Yep, and Yeonjun said Felix would come, but he's going to bring a friend," Soobin recounted to Kai. The white haired boy was sitting on the bed regarding Soobin with a carefully innocent expression.

Soobin set his bag down on a chair and unbuttoned the top two buttons of his shirt, not missing the way Kai's eyes lingered there. He had just returned from his classes, it had been a pretty normal day so far, and he wanted it to stay that way.

He would go get some ice cream with his friends, Kai would apologize to Felix, and then come back to his room to study before going to bed. Normal. And peaceful.

Kai stood and stretched,

"Oh, okay," he replied, straitening his--Soobin's--clothes. One of these days he was going to take Kai to get some clothes for himself. Soobin checked the time and tossed an appraising look at Kai,

"Well, let's go then."

They walked down the street, leaving the campus and heading to a nearby Ice cream shop, frequented by the friend group Kai bouncing a little with each step.

Soobin pointed at the sign which depicted a giant Ice cream cone with an unrealistic amount of toppings perched upon its perfectly curled top. Kai regarded the sign, then Soobin, with wide eyes,

"I've never eaten Human ice cream," Kai admitted. Soobin laughed,

"You really have to stop phrasing things like that, It sounds like your eating Ice cream made out of Humans,"