10. Everyone has their demons

Kai had been talking with Beomgyu and Taehyun for a few minutes before Yeonjun arrived. The yellow haired boy plopped down on the bench beside Kai, greeting all three boys with a wide smile,

"Hey guys, is Felix here yet?" He said, looking around, "Where's Soobin?"

Kai frowned in thought, where was Soobin? He had been gone for a while now. He suddenly got an uneasy feeling, did something happen?

"He went to order some ice cream a bit ago, guess he's still over there," Beomgyu said, shrugging. Kai stood suddenly, Yeonjun startling slightly.

"I'm going to go look for him," he stated. His angel senses were prickling. He didn't know how long it took to order ice cream, but he was pretty sure something happened.

"Sure whatever," Yeonjun said, chuckling as Kai left the table.

He walked through the middle of the court, mentally cursing himself for letting Soobin out of his sight. He was a Guardian Angel, it was his job to be by Soobin's side. He slowed, searching the Court full of people and colors.

He's probably still at the stand? He thought uncertainly. Well, it was a good place to start. He made his way through the crowd gathered around the ice cream stand, looking for a familiar dark head of hair. Instead of Soobin, he found Felix standing in the line, recognizing the short boy by his blonde hair.

Kai's heart dropped, he didn't want to face the Incubus alone. He needed to apologized, but he had imagined doing that with Soobin there with him. He wasn't sure if-

He didn't have time to think about it before Felix noticed him. The freckled boy's eyes widened as he saw Kai, but then to Kai's surprise, he smiled uncertainly. He blinked, forcing his legs to carry him towards Felix. Maybe he would know where Soobin was.

"Hey Felix," Kai said awkwardly. Felix looked just as awkward as he returned Kai's greeting, which made him feel better for some reason.

"Yeonjun told me you wanted to apologize..." Felix said glancing up at Kai expectantly.

"O-oh, he told you that?" He replied. Soobin must have told Yeonjun. Great it didn't seem like the Incubus boy was very mad anymore. "Listen, I'm really sorry fo-" he started, but before he could apologize a man from the line interrupted him,

"You! You're not even in line, get out of my way youngsters!" The elderly man complained loudly, pushing past the two boys. Kai stumbled back, scowling, some humans could be so rude.

His musings were cut off with another strong twinge of his Sense. He blinked, Soobin. Kai turned back to Felix, who was asking if he was okay. He had to find Soobin.

"I'm sorry I was rude to you when we first met! Felix, have you seen Soobin?" He said, quickly bowing to the blonde boy apologetically, a sense of urgency taking over his actions. Felix looked confused,

"Yah its okay, I- oh Soobin? Yah he went over there with-"

"Thanks! Im sorry!" Kai cut him off, running off in the direction Felix was pointing. Kai looked as he went, stepping quickly around people. Another twinge caused him to stop and look down the space between two buildings. What he saw there made his heart stop.

It was Soobin, but he wasn't alone. A tall red-haired boy trapped him against the wall with one hand on either side of his body. Even from a distance Kai could see Soobin smile up at the strange boy, who smirked back at him fondly.

Kai tore his eyes away from the scene, backing towards the bustle of the crowded court again. What the hell was that? His body screamed at him to run back there and pull Soobin away from that guy-whoever he was. But a little voice in the back of his head stopped him,