Do Butterflies Fade?

The Next Day, Inside the Pods, Jayde's POV:

"Nice to meet you Cody." I said as I crossed my legs while sitting on the couch.

Since I'm not being seen still, I decided to put my hair in a ponytail, throw on some leggings, a graphic t-shirt with the cast of Juice on it, and some fuzzy socks.

All of the girls kinda dressed down today... definitely my type of vibe.

My mind has been in different places. Maurice has been on my mind and I got word that Imani is planning to impede on the connection that I'm trying to continue to build with him.

I know we're here to look for love, but there's a way to go about things.

I just sit back and observe. I know when to speak and when to hold my peace.

We'll see how the cards play out. But, if I catch something slick fly out of her mouth, she will be hearing from me and I won't care who's listening.

Anyways... I've started to further my mingling today. Let's see how this pans out.

"How did you enjoy your first day in the pods?" He asked.

"It was nice. It was weird talking through a wall, but I'm still adjusting to it." I said as we chuckled.

"Yea same... I am still trying to get used to everything. What do you do career wise?" He asked.

"I am a Doctor in Physical Therapy. How about you?"

"I am a teacher." He said as I smiled.

"What made you wanna be a teacher?" I asked.

"I really like children and I love showing and teaching them new things." He said.

"That's really interesting. My mom is a teacher. After I watched her for years I knew I couldn't do it." I said as we both laughed.

"Yea, it can be very overwhelming at times, but it's worth it."

"I'm glad to hear that... teachers are real super heroes." I said chuckling.

"You know... you're cooler than I thought you'd be." He said as my antennas went up immediately.

"What do you mean?"

"I thought you were gonna be kinda mean." He said.

"Why would you think that?"

"Well, I'm pretty sure you heard about the guys and how one of them said you were rude and walked out on him."

"I'll have you know for one... don't judge a book by its cover.. that's why we're on a show that's called love is blind. Two, that idiot, Jason, said something to me that he thought was a joke, but I didn't find it funny. There's a reason behind everything I do. He can intoxicate you guy's heads with negative impressions of me all he wants. I do not regret how I exited that conversation." I said honestly as I heard Cody speak.