After the Altar Pt II.

8:26 a.m, Chris' POV:

As I looked out of our penthouse window, someone spoke interrupting my thoughts

"Where is she?" Ammika asked as she helped Aeko take his jacket off.

They just got here.

"She's asleep right now." I said referring to my wife.

"Do I need to stay?" She asked as I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Need to stay for what?"

"If she's sleeping then I could stay with you and Aeko."

Here we go.

"Mika, she's about to get up in a little bit. We got shit planned today." I said as he came over to me showing me one of his toys.

I smiled at him and picked him up in my arms.

"What are y'all doing today?" She asked.

"We goin' to a few stores and we gone explore the city for a while." I said as I put him up on my shoulders.

"Hmmm... sounds fun. You sure you don't want me to stay around?" Ammika asked again, but before I could speak, another voice spoke and I sighed.

My wife don't miss a beat. She must've heard her in her sleep.

"Nah Ammika we got it from here. Go have some me time. Aeko is gonna be fine." Jay said as she walked into our living room space and Aeko's face lit up.

Ammika was quiet after that remark and Jay waved to Aeko with excitement in her eyes.

I ain't gone lie... Jay and I have talked about their dynamic. It's not drama but the tension is kinda hard to read. I don't know what it is. But, I do know that my wife is protective over me and she loves Aeko... so I already knew what typa' response she was gonna give Ammika.

While being up on my shoulders, Aeko reached for her, but I held him back slightly.

"Boy she can't hold you. You see she's already carrying a lot." I said playfully as she smacked her lips and I put him down.

He ran to hug her and she bent down gently to give him a side hug.

Jay said, "Oop", chuckled a little, and she looked down at her stomach.

"What's wrong?" Aeko asked as I wondered the same.

"Nothing sweetheart... your brothers are kicking. Wanna feel them?" Jay asked as Aeko smiled and I did too.

Ammika watched my wife closely as I watched her.

Aeko grazed his hand across her shirt to feel her stomach and he jumped abruptly after he felt a few kicks.

"Whoa!!" Aeko exclaimed as we chuckled at his reaction.

"Are you excited to meet your brothers?" I asked my son as he smiled from ear to ear and he shook his head yes.