Strangers

Sans growled uneasily as he stared down at the strangers in their territory. They'd never been around others before and his and Papyrus instincts were telling them these people were encroaching on their territory, but the others were being so nice to them, so they just watched and waited at the top of the steps. "I do not know where the boys are, I apologize." Toriel was saying. "Most wild humans, or in your case wild monsters, confront a threat to their territory. So if they aren't out here, where are the?" Toriel turned to a critical Gaster, who still wasn't sure if he made the right choice in bringing in experts. "Doctor, they trust you, could you retrieve them?" Gaster nodded reluctantly. He already had an idea of where they were, so finding them wasn't too hard. "Boys, would you come down with me?" Gaster requested, though they could see the conflict within him. "SCARED." Papyrus whined. "who are they? look like frisk."
"They are humans like Frisk who just want to meet you. You can stay right behind me, Papyrus, it will be ok... I won't let anything happen to my boys." Gaster promised.

🐾🐾🐾

So the boys followed Gaster down. While Papyrus most certainly did hide behind Gaster, Sans stood in front of him, regarding the newcomers with an assertive gaze. "These two are-"
"what do you want, go away." Sans growled. "Sans, be nice!" Toriel chided. "they are strangers in our territory. don't like them..." Sans continued to growl until Gaster put a hand on his Sans shoulder. "It's ok Sans, they won't be long." Sans frowned but at least stopped growling. "I haven't really brought them anywhere yet, they are still learning how to be civilized. "Facinating, he may be one of the few that can speak in full sentences..." One of the people muttered. "Will you be taking them away?" Gaster asked. "not going." Sans muttered. "can't make us."
"It's just a question, Sans."
"Seeing how attached they seem to be to you, Dr. Gaster was it?" Gaster nodded. "Well, seeing how attached to you they are, it would be unwise to completely remove them from the home. That would be downright dangerous." One of the others replied. "Can the second one speak?" Papyrus poked out. "H-HI.."
"H-he can, b-but very little c-compared to Sans." Alphys stuttered.

🐾🐾🐾

Eventually the men left and Sans wanted answers as to what was going on. "why were they here? who was they?" He and Papyrus were both anxious. "WANT AWAY US?" Sans had tried to fill Papyrus in on what he knew. "No, no boys, no. It's, um... ah, we can't give you what they can. So some days you will go with them for a little bit." Gaster tried to explain in terms that at least Sans would understand. "It will be like when Frisk goes to school." Toriel agreed. "You will learn new things there." Sans whined a little. "don't wanna..." Gaster sighed, not really wanting them to go either, but he could see the good it would do for the boys. "Please... please don't fight us on this, Sans. I know it's a scary thought, leaving home and interacting with new people, but it's for your own good. It will be ok.." Sans looked around the table. It seemed the others had the same thoughts. Sans was outmatched. He sighed and turned to a confused Papyrus to fill him in. It seemed that they would be doing this.