5: I would never leave you

21st July 1985

Patrick POV
"SOMETHING HAPPENED AND I'M HEAD OVER HEELS", I sang in my room at the top of my lungs. "AVERY BE QUIET PLEASE!", I heard my mother shout from downstairs. Avery?! That bitch! "THAT'S NOT MY FUCKING NAME MUM!", I yelled back to her. I may not feel anything half the time but I still feel anger when my own mother mistakes me for my dead brother. "PATRICK BE NICE TO YOUR MOTHER!", My father argued. I groaned then returned to my singing routine. I like to think I have an angelic voice - others think not. Soon after my singing resumed I heard a loud noise on my window. I got out my lightsaber incase it was a murderer which I won't take kindly since I'm the only real person. Although if I die everyone dies with me so it's all a win, right? Another bang. "Who's there?!", I whisper yelled. I climbed onto my bed, turned my lightsaber on and looked out my window.

"Henry! Hey!", I smiled and threw my lightsaber onto my bed. "H-Hey..!", He groaned holding his stomach. I realised what had happened and rushed downstairs. "Dad can Henry stay over?", I asked. "He practically lives here so why not", He shrugged then continued his work. I opened my front door then helped Henry in. I made sure my dad wasn't looking then helped him inside into my room. "Henry.. what happened?", I whispered handing him a hot waterbottle. "M-my dad", He winced in pain and sat down on my floor. He had bruises all across his arms, a cut on his face and scars planted across his legs. "Oh shit.. Y'know why?", I questioned rummaging through my desk to find some plasters or anything.

"He saw us bullying f-four eyes", He wiped a couple tears from his cheek but more just kept spilling out. "How?!", I squealed walking over to him and handing him some cream and plasters. "I don't wanna talk.. it hurts my throat", He moved his head to the side and revealed a large purple bruise concluding that his dad choked him. I nodded then moved him over to my bed. "Just lay down ok. Want me to get you anything?", I asked. He shook his head and let some quiet sobs fall out. I sat down next to him on my bed and he rested his head on my shoulder and just cried. I'm not very good with comforting people but if it's Henry then I will try. I asked him to turn around and show me his back. He hesitated but soon did what I asked and it revealed multiple belt marks. "Oh Henry.. you're gonna be okay", I sighed and he laid on me. We were silent for a period of time before I spoke up and said

"Henry you know I would never leave you, right?"

He looked up at me in awe and smiled. "I know", He choked out. If anyone walked in they'd think we were cuddling or some shit when really it was just one boy comforting another boy. "Wanna watch Star Wars?", I asked and he nodded. I put on my tv and we watched like 20 minutes into the movie before Henry fell asleep on me. "Night Hen", I smiled then turned of the tv and fell asleep.

Next day/22nd July 1985

I woke up to the sound of something falling off the bed. I looked over and saw it was just my lightsaber then noticed Henry next to me. He was still in a deep sleep, he was still breathing so his father didn't beat him to death luckily. "Patrick?", His eyes fluttered open and he tried to move but he couldn't because of the agonising pain. "Fuck", He mumbled and flopped back onto me. "It's okay, we have all day", I let him lay down. "I feel so useless", He complained looking up at the ceiling. "You're the same to me. Just Henry Bowers", I shrugged and smiled at him. "Thanks Patrick", He held his stomach and coughed a bit. "I'll get the bowl", I said then went to my top draw and got out the bowl I usually use so Henry can throw up blood or whatever in it. "It's okay.. it's just me", I comforted him while rubbing his back.

"You're okay"