8: Ruined

7th June 1989(The same day of the kiss)

Henry POV
As soon as I realised what I'd just done, I jumped off of Patrick's bed and shielded my moth. "What the fuck?!", I stammered out. He smiled sadistically. "This is no time to be smiling you fairy!", I yelled. He didn't stop grinning and instead he laughed. "I can't believe it.. me.. a boy, kiss another boy?!", I panicked cautious of not letting anyone overhear. Patrick rolled his eyes. "Oh come on, you liked it", Patrick scoffed giving a short mock wink.

I did like it but I would never admit it to him! The shit my old man would do to me if he found out..

"No! I didn't like it! Patrick I'm not a fucking fag like you!", I felt tears arrive in my eyes and my heart was racing. I could feel a panic attack about to erupt inside of me.

"I hate you! Don't ever talk to me again!", Those exact words slipped out of my mouth. I didn't hate him. In fact I really liked him. Not the way a friend would. I couldn't control myself in this moment and I ran out of Patrick's room then stormed out of his house. I took some deep breaths and tried to calm down hoping that Patrick wouldn't follow me. I turned around to see Patrick staring out of his window in his room. He gave a smug wave then disappeared. I rolled my eyes. I want to talk to him about my outburst but I highly doubt he wants to talk to me. I was about to walk home when I noticed the front door swing open.

"Don't follow me, asshole", I shouted. This sounds like a fucking Disney movie. "What makes your self-involved brain think I'm following you? I'm tracking down Ben, beating the shit out of him then stopping near the barrens. If you must know everything", He crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow at me. I can't tell whether he's mad or not mad with that stupid face of his. "Why not take a fucking picture?", He jeered taking out his lighter. "Ugh just fuck off you prick", I flipped him the bird and looked him up and down. "Uh- I live here? You go fuck off", He chuckled leaning against his dad's car. "Ugh! Fuck you!", I called back and left to god knows where.

I stopped by at Vic's house since the movie ended almost an hour ago and knocked on the door. His cousin Nancy opened the door. "I'll get Vic", She sighed. "VIC GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE FAG NUMBER 2 IS HERE", She shouted up the stairs. "I'm not gay..", I muttered taking a step inside the small apartment. "Hey Henry! Come up", Victor waved from the top of the stairs revealing Belch as well.

I sat down on his bed and sighed. "You ok? You seem a bit shaken up by something?", Belch asked eating another bit of leftover popcorn. "Me and Patrick got into a fight. But this time I don't think we'll get over it in like 2 hours", I explained bringing my knees up to my chest. "Oh.. that's weird. You guys never get into fights? What happened?", Victor questioned snatching some popcorn off of Belch. "It's private", I stated laying down on the bed and staring at the ceiling. "I'm sure whatever it is, you two can sort it out", Belch responded through a mouth full of food. Gross...

"Can I stay here tonight? My dad's at a party with his coworkers and Patrick's house isn't an option", I asked hoping Vic would say yes. "Yeah sure. I'll get Nance to sleep on the couch, you can sleep in her bed since Belch is sleeping on the spare mattress", Victor shrugged and went away to get Nancy. "Henry, you sure you're okay? Me and Vic know how close you and Patrick are", Belch asked with a hint of concern in his voice. "I'm fine", I got angrier by the mention of Patrick's name. "Ok..", Belch gave up on the subject and played 'Austin Powers: The spy who shagged me'.

Victor came back and said Nancy's staying at her boyfriends house tonight so they're home alone and can do whatever shit they please.
I'm dreading tomorrow.
I want to make stuff right with Patrick but I doubt it'll be that easy.
I'm Henry fucking Bowers, why am I so nervous?
That's when I realised
I love Patrick Hockstetter