Chapter 11 - They Call Me Mr. Miss The Bowl

Glossy beige walls surrounded the marble staircase, which I reached the top of. Endless chandeliers and other hanging glass decorated the ceiling, which itself sparkled from the light.

Various doors were found on both sides of the hallway - they were probably for our maids. Turning around a corner, I tucked both hands into my trousers: thousand-dollar pants which my father insisted for me to wear at all times. I'm sure being surrounded by endless glass and pendants further spilled a rich aura for anyone that stepped foot into our mansion.

Behind me was a maid, following me around no matter where I turned.

"Kai, please just listen to me," the maid continued. "Please, convince your father to put off the deal! My husband's business will go under at this rate, I beg of you!"

All I could do was ignore her by glancing away, whistling, and playing with my eighteen-karat diamond earrings. Once I finally reached the kitchen, which featured a large wooden dining table and multiple chairs of the same design, I sat down and opened my phone. The table was covered in a clean white cloth, and the wine glasses and golden plates on top were fit to serve a king's feast.

Finally, the maid sighed and left the dining room.

Just what does that old witch want? I thought. The entire time she was pestering me, my eyes darted away, so I didn't catch a single glance of her appearance either.

"Kai!"

"Ah, shit, from one annoying person to the next," I mumbled.

A woman named Mila emerged from the golden double doors on the opposite side of the dining hall. She always wore a clean white dress whenever she came to our mansion, but today, only a simple shirt and shorts were on display. Her face was filled with rage, and I could even see her angry head of wrinkles from across the room.

"What do you want, Mila?"

"Kai, you..." tears filled her eyes, yet my facial expression didn't change. I didn't even bother lifting my head off my arm which rested against the table.

"Mila, get out of my fucking sight."

Mila then began floating in the air, causing me to squirm out of my seat. "M-Mila?! What the fuck is going on with your body?!"

A pinch drilled my back, and I spun around to find the same maid as before floating in the air as well, wearing a red devil-faced mask.

"W-What the fuck?!" I cried, slamming my bum to the ground in fright. I crab-walked back and found myself cornered in the room. Both the mask-wearing maid and Mila continued gliding in the air at me. Until...

"Gaaaaaaaaaah!" I screamed, waking up from the nightmare I was having. I had fallen off my bed; my body was drenched in sweat, gluing me to the wooden planks of the floor. "Ugh..."

Checking my phone, I breathed a sigh of relief and rested both hands on my chest while still laying my back on the cold wood. What a fucking dream...

The details were a blur, but I couldn't help but feel a sense of déjà vu. Just why was I sweating so much when my heater was turned off in late November?

I stood up and tiptoed to the bathroom. On the same floor as me were Eleanor and Leo, sleeping next to each other on futons which their grandma provided.

"How did I not wake them up with my scream?" I murmured to myself. Earlier in the evening, Rin had visited our place to return my red scarf; it was then when Eleanor dropped the bomb about my father and how it affected Rin's soccer team. After leaving with a shell-shocked face, I never got to patch things up properly, and all I was able to do next was text Lily that I would no longer be living at her place since I got my own room back.