Chapter 16 - The Girl With The Curves

"Hey Kai, mind if you look after Sesame for tonight?" Lora asked while putting her coat on.

"Sure!" I bluntly replied without even processing her words. I couldn't stop shaking, thinking about the surprise I was going to show Rin tonight; every goosebump on my body was activated.

Wait...

"What?!" I jolted up after taking out the muffins from the oven. "Wait, Lora, I-"

"Honey, Kai said that he'll take care of Sesame tonight!" Lora was already over at the front door, telling Julian who was wiping the tables.

"Great, thanks Kai."

"Wait, where are you two going?!" I asked, walking out to the front to give chase. I can't take care of this stupid cat tonight!

"Meow!" Sesame slashed against my ankle, as if he read my mind.

"Ugh, quit it, you little shit!"

"Meeeoooww!" The cat then pounced against the back of my legs, throwing me head-first into the hot muffins on the counter.

"Shit!" I screamed as the sizzling heat of the treats scorched my face. "That hurts! Stupid cat, why are you so-"

"Jeez, Kai, what's going on here?" Lily emerged from the restroom, and picked Sesame up from the ground, who purred in joy. "Lora, you said you and Julian are planning to go on a small trip?"

"We're going on a small trip to the hot springs tonight for our honeymoon!" Lora explained with her mittens caressing her cheeks. I had never seen such a large smile on her face before.

"Oh," I muttered and held my hands together in front. "I see, that's great! Hope you two enjoy it!"

While the grin between my cheeks shined strongly at Lora and Julian, the only question boggling my mind was:

Fuck, how am I going to take care of this stupid cat?!

"Sesame's cage is in the storage room as usual," Julian instructed. He walked over with his arms crossed and towered over me like a dinosaur. "We left a litter box for you to use next to it. Don't forget to feed him later tonight, okay?"

"Okay," I muttered, unable to refuse once Julian's piercing glare reached the edges of my soul.

"Kai, where's the new bag of coffee beans I brought out earlier?" Lily asked while tapping my shoulder.

"Oh, it's right..." I paced over to the espresso counter, but just when I hovered my head over the opening, a weird smell seeped out. "Are you fucking kidding me."

Another cinnamon swirl-shaped piece of poo sat right in the middle, causing me to clog my nose.

"Meeoooow," Sesame hopped on the counter next to me, his eyes sparkling under the café chandeliers. I could see a smile just hiding beneath those cheeky whiskers.

"Goddammit Sesame, not again."

Glancing around the kitchen, I breathed a sigh of relief as I confirmed that no new brews of coffee were made within the last hour. It was only minutes from closing time in the shop, and since it was a Friday, the café was empty.

"Welp, today's the day, huh?" Lily placed her hand on my shoulder after taking off her apron. "I'd come, but I have to study for a midterm next week."

"No problem, I'll tell you how it goes after," I replied, picking Sesame up and scratching behind his ears and petting his back.

"Still..." Lily petted Sesame together with me. "I can't believe that Gio guy used to operate the physio clinic for the Febai women's soccer team. No wonder you've been begging him to borrow his phone and everything."