Dublin, Ireland

Chapter 1

Dublin is the capital city of Ireland. This city is hospitable and well-known for its warmth for its residents as well as for soirée. Because of its settings, it draws writers, philosophers, and tourists. It's suitable for Penelope Featherington, who knows she'll be inspired here despite her thoughts in.....

London! A place she used to love and adore, but now all she feels is pain and suffering. After what happened with her cousin Jack, they went to her mother's sister in Dublin, Ireland for a break from the harsh society of the ton in London. But that was months ago, and now it's April 1815, and the season has returned.

The grandest of balls, concerts, charity events, debutante balls, fabulous dinner parties, and cocktail events. To put it simply, marriage mart. Penelope can't stop thinking how she never would get married and it scared her.

"What are you thinking dear?" Georgia sister of Penelope's mother asked. She just sigh and said "Was your season easy before aunt Georgia?" She chuckles. "No, dear, I didn't get married till my last season. We have to wear some circus dresses and no one notices us." Penelope look surprised and turn her head to her aunt. "You also wear the yellow dresses?" Her aunt chuckles again "More like force to. Maybe that's why your mother makes you wear it. That's how we where raise."

Penelope look at the view again. "I'm just scared I'm not able to get married. It feels like my world is crumbling down and I don't know how to stop it." Georgia studied her niece face. "I know it's frightening dear to just wait for a man to propose but it's worth it and even if I'm a widow now. My marriage was lovely." Penelope didn't reply just stared at the city of Dublin. Georgia slightly smiled and ask a question Penelope didn't expect.

"Do you want to stay here? I could try to find you a husband that is suitable for you." Penelope just laughed at her aunt's suggestion. "Mother wouldn't let that happen."

"Well, she is too focused on Prudence this season so maybe I can convince her." Penelope smiled. "I would love to stay here Aunt Georgia." Georgia wink. "Let me take care of everything."

.....

A week before the Season starts Portia and Prudence are already at London. Penelope couldn't stop thinking about what here mother said before she left "You will never find a husband here." But she shakes it off now that she has freedom to do what she likes and maybe can learn to write different columns.

Penelope is walking around the streets with her aunt trying to buy some stuffs. And her aunt Georgia allow Penelope to look around even without a chaperone and there she saw people dancing in the park. And she thought "The season is probably starting now and that means Colin must have..."

"Stop thinking about him Penelope. You are here to forget about him and try to find someone suitable husband for you." Someone laughed at her back and she turned around and saw a tall, blonde, blue eyes and just handsome man.

"I beg your pardon?" The man grin "I'm sorry I just thought the ladies in Ireland are usually like this, talking to themselves to find husband." Penelope eyed him. "It's none of your concern Lord..."

"Debling. William Debling. And your name is?" Penelope thinking twice if she should say her name but before she could reply and aunt arrived. "Lord Debling so nice to see you here. And Oh, I see you meet my niece Penelope." Debling smirked, "Penelope... the wise" Penelope looked confused. "Pardon?"

"Your name means you are wise and I believe it's true. For you, didn't just give your name immediately to a stranger like me."

Georgia wave her hands in motion that it isn't true. "You are not a stranger Lord Debling. Apologies for my niece she is new here." Debling didn't take his eyes on Penelope. "No need for apologies I totally understand but excuse me for I need to go. I have business to attend."