Daisies

Chapter 2

Pemberley Hall 1815
(Estate selected for Athena's stay in London by her Royal Advisor)

The beauty of Pemberley astounds Penelope. It was a large, elegant stone structure that was well-positioned on a rise and was surrounded by a crest of tall, wooded hills. Although it was large, no one could see it from Mayfair. Even though Mayfair was only ten minutes away, it was still hard for Penelope to believe such a place existed.

"I apologize about the grand home; it was not my decision." Penelope glances at Athena amusedly and Athena continued, "I would have chosen something a little smaller than this, but I do hope you feel comfortable here, Pen."

"More than comfortable, this place is huge. I didn't know such place exist in London." Helpers held them inside and also help them with their luggage's. "You never been here?" Penelope could only chuckles. "My mama wouldn't let me out farther than this." She realizes she hasn't informed her mother that she has returned to London. Penelope's anxious expression is noted by Athena.

"Are you okay, Pen?" Penelope sighed and look at Athena. "I forgot to tell my mama I'm back. She would definitely be furious." Athena walking beside Penelope to her room. "I'm guessing she's the one letting you wear that hideous dress? No offence." Penelope laughs at Athena's statement and nodded to tell her it doesn't bother her.

They got inside at Penelope's room and it was beautiful. It made Penelope heart flattered. She could only dream a room like this but now she's standing with hear hands on her bosom. "This is lovely chamber, Thena. This is...." Penelope didn't finish what she was about to say. "It's exactly like you. Sage green is your favorite colour, and it also represents wisdom."

"How could you know what my favorite colour was?"

"From your Aunt Georgia," Athena hesitates at first, but then decides she should be truthful in order to gain Penelope's trust. "Well, you don't know who I am. We are strangers to one other, and I want you to feel at ease during your stay here. I thought if you couldn't be comfortable with me at first, maybe I could start with your chamber."

Penelope touches Athena's both hands and squishes them lightly. "I am grateful for what you have done thus far. And you don't have to make an effort because I know you're a good person. I can tell, of course, I am Lady Whistledown after all," they both laughed. Both of them soon fall asleep, and Athena promises that they will find a way to make atonement with her mother about Penelope's comeback.

.....

Mayfair 1815

Penelope and Athena are on their way to Mayfair. They are in the carriage. Penelope took a few of long breaths, she is aware that she is more terrified of seeing the Bridgertons than her own mother.

"Do you fear your mother or the individuals that live across of it?", Athena chuckles, helping Penelope relax a little. "It's fine, Pen, but I do have a question for you." Penelope takes another big breath and nods to Athena. "Would you rather see your friend first or your mother?"

Penelope broke out roaring,"I'm not going to see Colin Bridgerton!"

Which made Athena chuckle even more. "What are you laughing about?" Penelope looks at Athena who's trying so hard to stop herself from laughing, "I...Excuse me, I apologize for my rudeness. Eloise Bridgerton is what I intended to say. Are you planning to pay her a visit first?"

Penelope, felt embarrassed and just wants to shrinks to the ground and covers her face with her left hand. "I'll go see Eloise first; after all, she's the reason I'm here." Athena nodded and asked Penelope where the Mayfair library was; she'd be waiting for her there.