Do Not Judge My Love For You

Chapter 5

Dearest Gentle Readers,

This author can confirm that this season is more intriguing than the previous one because it featured a fight between the third son Bridgerton, Colin Bridgerton and the first son of the Baron, Harry Dankworth.

Another Bridgerton-related scandal? But you're all mistaken since your charming Mister Colin Bridgerton was the hero that evening for the lovely Penelope Featherington.
However, before you set the sections ablaze with requests for more heinous details. All you did to know Colin Bridgerton brought respect to his family.

Yours Truly,
Lady Whistledown

.....

Pemberley Hall 1815

Penelope is holding a letter in her hand."Pen, what's with your shocked expression? Who was the letter's sender?", Athena approaching Penelope to see whose letter it was, which also surprised her. This afternoon, Queen Charlotte invites Penelope and her to tea at Hampton Court Palace.

"Are we in trouble, Thena? Oh my god feels like I'm dying. Does she know I'm Lady Whistledown?" Athena pats Penelope's back to reassure her, "I'm sure it is nothing, Pen and if it was, I will take care of it. I mean, did you forget I'm also a Queen?"

With that Penelope calm down and say, "But you will come with me, right?" Athena had this worried look at her face but smile and said, "Yes, of course, I will be by your side all the time."

"I know you don't want to talk about what happened between you and Queen Charlotte but if you are ready, I'm willing to listen and won't judge you and you know I'm a very good listener."

Athena smiled and then sighed and guide them to the sofa. She trusts Penelope more than anyone in the world, "It's not really the Queen fault it's the King. He wanted Dublin, Ireland to be theirs but my father won't let them have it and then my parents died. So, my older sister takes over and became the Queen but she also died in birth with her son."

Athena pauses for a moment this is the first time she talks about her family. "It's okay, you don't have to continue, Thena", Penelope whispered, stroking her palms. "It's okay, I am fine now, its just this is the first time I'd talked about it again after all these years."

"And they've stopped troubling us since what occurred to the King with his illness. And they know nothing about me or the people of Dublin. They believe my sister is still alive and not merely passing through the castle. I became Queen when I was 10 years old, and my Royal Adviser did it for me so that the crown would be mine. I adore being Queen, and I love my people, but not being able to go out as much I can be, it's suffocating at times. My special place is the library in Dublin and only Margaret knows me outside the Palace until I met you. And I don't resent Queen Charlotte because she had nothing to do with my family's tragedy. I'm just worried that if they find out what really happened, they'll take over my nation."

"I didn't know you have such past, I'm sorry, Thena." Penelope hugging Athena and she returns the hug, "It's okay I have my staffs in the kingdom which I love dearly, and Margaret who's an angel sent from above, and I have you and Eloise now, nothing is better than this. So, are you ready to go to the Palace?" Penelope said, "YES".

.....

Hampton Court Palace 1815

Penelope and Athena are waiting inside the drawing room, both uneasy, until Queen Charlotte arrives, at which point they both stand up and bow to the Queen.

"Please take your seats, Miss Penelope and Miss Athena," they both sit. "Let me go right to the point as to why you're here. I know what you're doing, Miss Penelope Featherington."