I Wake Up Full Of Her

Chapter 8

Colin had one thought, and that was to go straight to Penelope, but he needed to calm himself given that it was still early hours, so he decided to buy a bouquet of roses, but before he could enter the shop, Colin noticed Debling with a woman, and they appeared to be happy. Colin couldn't help but interrupt, "You seem happy Lord Debling."

"Mr. Bridgerton, good day to you".

"May we speak for a few moments, Debling?"

"Of course, Mr. Bridgerton," Debling says as he walks his fiancee into the flower shop with their maid. Then they went to a quieter place to talk, "What do you want to discuss, Bridgerton?"

"You know I gave up my love for Pen just so you could be together; she wants nothing more than to be a wife and have children, and yet you managed to rake around. So, Debling, tell me what did she do to cause you to do that to her?"

"I didn't mean to hurt Miss Penelope, and let's face it, Bridgerton, if she wedded me, it would have been a loveless marriage; you and I both know she loves you tremendously, so why can't you be the one to marry her?"

"Because I can't give her what she deserves, I'm only a third son, and you have a great deal to offer her."

"But did she tell you if that's what she wants? Because as far as I know, Miss Penelope doesn't care about those issues. I know she wants her freedom to be able to do what she wants. Did you unloved her when you discovered her secret?"

"You knew?" Colin was surprised Debling identified Penelope as Whistledown. "Yes, I'm aware of it, and I admire what she's accomplished in life, but Bridgerton, you didn't respond to my question."

"No, I love her still, perhaps more," Colin could no longer pretend, and he is ready for the world to know his thoughts and emotions for Penelope. "Then let's just be pleased I didn't propose to her, because we all know you two are destined to be, so then, excuse me, I'm going to see my fiance now. Good day Bridgerton, and good luck."

Debling left and Colin just stared at Debling and his fiance being happy. And he couldn't wait to make Penelope happy. Colin went on to buy some bouquets and visit Featherington's House. He wasn't nervous at all when he entered the house and handed the rose bouquet to Portia.

"What can I do for you, Mr. Bridgerton?" asked Portia. "I'm going to marry Penelope, Mrs. Featherington, and I know you wanted Pen to marry someone who had more to offer, but I can assure you that even as a third son, I will make your daughter happy and give her the best in the world. I won't guarantee I won't hurt her again, and I know you know I have, but I couldn't live my life with Penelope anymore. She is my life, and although it may be too late for another chance, I want you to know that your daughter is the most intelligent, beautiful, witty, and incredible woman I have ever met in my entire life. So your approval as your daughter's husband would mean a lot to me."

"I approved Mr. Bridgerton, but it's my daughter's decision to say yes to your proposal, so do whatever you're planning and hope that's enough for her to stay in London," Colin thanked Portia and told her his plan.

.....

Pemberley Hall 1815

Penelope and Athena are laying on the ground in the garden. "I'm going to miss this place," Penelope said as she gazed at the stars. "I'm also going to miss everything about London, but are you sure you don't want to stay, Pen?"

"There are so many memories here, and if I stay, they will burn." Athena thought, "Where is Colin, he is late when I told him not to be late."

"Let me just get us some refreshments, Pen, I'll be right back," Penelope simply nodded, and Athena entered and saw Colin. "How come you're late?"