#9

Will POV

It was amazing waking up in Nico's arms. I felt so secure and safe, an odd feeling whilst being held by the same kid who could raise a legion of corpses. I snuggled closer. Nico had yet to wake up. The black mop of hair on his head was even messier than usual. I reached up and started combing it with my fingers. When it had been groomed to my satisfaction, I laid my head back on his chest and listened to his heartbeat. Nico had a really strong heartbeat, especially for someone asleep. I reached my fingers up and felt the side of his neck, just feeling his artery expand and contract repeatedly.

"Will?" Nico groaned. "The heck are you doing?"

"Feeling your pulse. You have a nice pulse." I admitted.

"You are such a doctor. You know, most people would just be snuggling and absorbing any warmth possible when it's this cold out." He said, words slurring under sleep's hold.

"No. Normal people would be as far away as possible from you, Corpse Breath." I teased.

"I'm pretty sure they'd be running from your 'pulse readings' or whatever other freaky doctor stuff you do." He grumbled.

"Nico. Are you afraid of the doctors?" I pried.

"Nope. Not at all. Totally not. Mostly not. Sort of. Maybe. Just a little. Yes! Fine. I'm afraid of the doctors." Nico pouted, turning away. He was cute when he pouted.

"But you aren't scared of me, are you?" I asked, gently pulling his chin back toward me.

"Not as a person. But if you tried to give me a checkup?" He shuddered. "That's partially why I kept trying to escape the infirmary. I was scared out of my wits."

"We are going to fix that. I am going to give you a check up and you will not be scared." I said, surprising myself.

"Yes I will." Nico argued.

"Not if I explain every step as I do it and why I am doing it. I'll even do it right here in your own private room in the infirmary. Let me go get my stuff." I stared out the door, Nico tagging behind, grumbling all the way. I grabbed my supplies and headed down to the infirmary.

I started grabbing everything I need, which wasn't much. Most of the things I needed where already in the room. The rooms where kinda cold, so I lead him to one that had heated floors. It was one of my favorite features. I handed Nico his hospital gown, but he just stared at it as if the thing was going to bite him.

"You where it. Like this." I explained, unfolding it and wrapping it around his lethal form.

"Except, under it, you are going to be naked." I grinned, enjoying the blush that was creeping up his face.

"Do you need any help?" I asked, rather suggestively.

"No. Uh, maybe," he stumbled on his words, still watching the gown as if it had rabies.

"K then." I reached over and grabbed his waist, pulling him toward me.

"Let me show you how it's done." I fit my lips to his, moving in perfect harmony. My hands, however, where focused elsewhere. They reached under his shirt, trailing over the frigid skin of his lower abs. In one swift move, I removed the fabric. I went to work on his pants, slipping them off his nimble hips. Nico gasped a bit when the air hit his skin.

"You can put it on now." I said, handing the gown to him, but first taking the opportunity to gaze at his body, astonishingly lean and muscular. Nico mumbled something incoherent.

"What?" I asked.

"Stop staring." He repeated. "It's embarrassing."

"Aww. But you're so cute." I teased, whipping the stethoscope off of my neck wrapping it around his and brining him closer to me.