Chapter 1

"Seriously why are we moving again?" I asked even though I somewhat knew the answer

I also knew I'd get into some trouble asking dumb questions like this one.

"Are you seriously asking my that right now?" My mother snapped

"Mom it wasn't my fault" I whined

"Listen here young lady you will keep your fucking mouth shut and not get into trouble or were going to have big problems" my father said

"Yes sir" I said and sat back

Hi my name is Trinity Curtis and I'm currently seventeen years old still in high school. Still living with my parents because there is no way out of this. I have a tendency to get myself into trouble and we always have to move because of it. Weirdly enough I don't really care about the moving part it's the not finding my soulmates thing.

Yes, in the world I live in we people all have a soulmate and you never know when your going to meet them. I've heard rumors that people have two or more sometimes, but it's very unheard of. Also very unlikely that the rumors about that are true, I mean who wants more than one. I guess you don't really have a choice in the matter in what you get.

I'm the product of two people who weren't soulmates, but were rejected by their own and had me. I'm not a wanted baby either so the constant yelling at me and the hits here and there don't surprise me anymore. I know that sounds bad that I've normalized the hitting and the abuse both verbally and physically. It's just what else am I supposed to do about it anytime I try to talk about it.

I end up moving like always and end up hurting worse than before so yes I've normalized the situation. I hate that I've normalized it, but that's what had to happen for me to understand. currently we are moving to Hawkins Indiana, a small no-one filled town. I just hope maybe my soulmate is here and they actually want me unlike my parents soulmates didn't.

The thought of being rejected by their own soulmates is making me feel anxious. Like what if my mate rejects me just as my parents got rejected. Is it like in my DNA to be unwanted by everyone including my own soulmate.