Prequel

I open my eyes and I'm in a field. I begin walking through it and a house come into view. It's a simple, one story house in the middle of a acreage. There's a deck out in the front. And a double door leading back inside from the side of the house. There's a driveway made from gravel that leads out of yonder. I begin to walk up the driveway and the front door is open. I slowly stepped inside. "Hello?" I called out. My voice echoed off the wall, the walls were just being developed and hasn't even gotten plaster put on them yet.

I could hear shuffling from movement deeper within the house. "Hellloo?" I call again. The shuffling stops before I begin to walk into the house more. I hear footsteps come towards me. "Hi" I greet as I see this girl. She's really pretty. She blinks at me for a second before giving a soft smile and a tilt of the head. "Hello" I feel myself getting nervous, Why the hell am I nervous? We kind of stare at each other and it gets awkward before she walks off somewhere in the house. I walk around the house, looking at the blank walls and staring out the windows. I can hear her singing:

"Ready or not, here I come
Where you at? The night is young
In the crowd the music's loud but I will find you..."

It took me a second to realize what song she was singing. But once I remember the lyrics I was kinda moving a bit to her voice. It's really pretty. I walked over to where she was. She was in-what I'm assuming is the bathroom. Once she sees me she lets out a startled scream. "You're still here?" She asks. "Yeah" I let out a small laugh. She looks away, almost embarrassed. "Oh, ok" she comes out of the bathroom and dusts herself off before we walk out onto the deck.

We stand on the deck in silence once again for a second before she speaks up. "So...do you like bread?" We both start laughing at her comment. "Did you just ask if I like bread?" I laugh and she chuckles and nods. "I mean I guess..I like whole wheat and white bread" she laughs again and I smile. "What about you?" I ask-still smiling. "I don't know. I don't really bread. I guess I'm ok with anything. As long as it's not wheat. Like just plain wheat infront of me" she looks out into the distance. I give a smile and I look into the distance. We continue to make small talk and make comments, the conversation flows perfectly. She makes me laugh. And I like that.

I feel something touch me, I look at the source and it's her. She's touching my sleeve. "Uh hi?" I ask as I look down at her grabbing my sleeve. I look at her eyes and it feels like I'm in a trance. She puts her hand in mine and her other one in my other hand. We look down at them for a second before we look back at each other. She gives me a tight smile. "Wake up" I look at her confused. "Wake up Alex" she puts a hand on my cheek and instinctively, I bend down to meet her lips. Right before we kiss I stop. "WAKE UP!" She yells.

I jolted awake. "What the fuck kinda dream was that!" I say to myself. Who meets someone and wants to kiss them right away? What the heck. I ruffle through my hair and put a beanie on before getting out of bed to do my morning routine. "Karl?" I call out once I open my bedroom door. He answers with a 'yeah?' And I walk over to where he is, he's getting ready to head to the airport to go somewhere, I forget where. "I had this weird dream, I met this girl.." I leaned on the doorframe of his bedroom. He glanced at me before giving a smile. "Oh yeah?" Right away I know what he's intending. "No! Not that kinda dream you gross fuck!" I yell playfully before he laughs. I begin to explain to him the dream.

"That is weird. Who kisses someone when they first meet them" he says as he continues to pack. "Yeah I know right! That's what I said, I'm going to go write this down anyways incase I see her again" I walk away to my pc and login. I open a word doc and begin typing away.

Once I'm done I begin to work on my law homework. Luckily this one isn't that big of an assignment so able to finish it in a few hours before I submit it to the professor. I sigh and slouch into my chair. What did that dream mean? I let out a small laugh. What a weird dream...