Chapter 7: Let Fate Lead Us

"your majesty!!" they warned, and all the guards were gathered in the ocean, where they found a woman's body.

"What did you find, Lean?" He asked

"A girl was lying down on the sand, your majesty, and it seems like she got washed away from a shipwreck or something," the guard said

"She also has a sword, a locket on her neck, and a chest full of a child's dress, a hairpin, and a note, but it was wet and unreadable," the guard said.

"She is armed; can't you see your majesty?!!" A guard said as he took everything from the woman.

"she's a spy!" they said

"No, don't know that," He said as he went closer to her and felt her breathing.

"She can barely breathe," he said, finally realizing something.

He started removing her clothes and especially her corset.

"That's unethical of you, your majesty," Lean said while observing him.

"She needs air, and this corset is preventing her from breathing more oxygen," He replied, and finally, Elijah revealed a dress linen smock that caused her to throw up all the excess water in her. He was a gentleman and immediately covered her because her undergarments might appear.

"Turn around and do not lay eyes on her," he demanded, and they obeyed.

"What about her things, your majesty?" they asked.

"Put them all in my bedroom," he demanded

He puts her on his horse, and gladly it was just 20-30 minutes away from the castle.

-_-_-_-_-_-_

Ayla woke up and caught her breath. She endured every challenge that came her way. She's a strong woman.

"You're awake?" A man asked

She looked around the large room, and it had a lot of pricey things inside here. She quickly checked if she also had her clothes on, and gladly she was still wearing clothes.

"Don't worry, I wouldn't touch a girl without her permission," he said as he wrote a letter.

"Who are you?" she asked.

"I should be the one asking you that. You have a Kaastianan design on your clothes and not to mention this sword of a general of a high-ranking official in Kaastiana," he said as he threw her things on the floor.

"You're a spy," he said as he stood up and went to her.

"A spy?" she asked. She looked around the room and saw the seal of Serdruan country.

She thought about what to say because everything she says will have a hidden meaning to them. "I am in the Serdruan Court," she taught.

He went back to his desk to finish something important.

"I know what you're thinking, but you're mistaken. I am a daughter of the general, but just an adopted daughter and they threw me in the sea not knowing what my real origin is," she said as she raised her hands, offering to surrender.

"How come throwing you out will be their best solution?" He asked of her.

"The problem is that I do not know. Can you please give me back all my things because that's all I get from my parent's death" she said as she stood up but right now, her legs were weak.

"Oh! You're still weak. The physician said to let you have a rest, but the problem is that you have taken my bed from me, and you have been resting for three days now," He said with a disappointed face.

"I will repay your kindness soon but not now as I have no money with me," she said as she tried so hard to stand up.

He was looking at her eagerness to leave. But this time, she looked like a drunk person and a baby that didn't know how to walk.

He focused so hard on his letter, but he laughed because of her clumsiness.

"I had it," he said as he approached her and carried her to his bed.

She demanded him to put her down before he put her back on his bed, but his head was as hard as a stone.

He placed her gently on his bed and put the blankets on her.

"I think I will receive your kindness in a way I command you to," he said as he smiled at her.

She already knew this would not be good and that he had a wrong idea of her repaying his kindness.

"Then let us start with the formalities, shall we?" He asked as he sat down by the chair in front of her.

"You first," he said as he crossed his legs.

"I am Ayla De Froice~ I am still 15 years old. What about you then?" she said as she covered her chest.

"I am Elijah Le Normand," he said as he smiled, which made her realize that it was the man's name under the moonlight and the falling stars.

"You accused me again of being a spy, but this time in your nation," She said, and the man had no idea what she was talking about.

He has lighter blue eyes, a pointy nose, and downward-turned lips, but the only problem is his hair; it is straight and black. It doesn't fit the description of the guy she met back in her nation.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I have never set foot in Kaastiana as the King never put his son at risk," he said

"Then I shall be going because I might be beheaded for offending a prince of Serdruan, and not to mention that you know where I came from, and you will use it for your benefit," she said as she removed the blanket from her again.

"I am telling you. You are not well, and keep it a rest, and don't go out of the castle unless I tell you to," Elijah said as he gathered his belongings and left her in his room.

"How come he trusts me that I will not steal something in his room?" she asked herself as she looked around the room.

He has flashy bed sheets, curtains, and furniture and has bear fur on his floor.

"I don't know if I am lucky to be here or if he will spare my life," she said as she opened his windows and saw nobles playing outside with laughter and joy in front of her.

"I just lost my parents and my friends," she said, looking from afar.