Chapter 8: Memories

Her head hurt like hell as she saw the people playing in the yard. There were flashes of memories where she didn't even know if it was hers or not.

She saw children playing a game of catch and running around the yard. But it was a bit blurry.

She groaned as she experienced severe headaches.

"H--Help!" she shouted, holding her head.

The guards quickly offered their help and immediately brought her a physician.

The physician gave her a dose of medicine to relieve her pain and observed her health status.

"How is my servant doing?" Elijah asked as he sat down beside her bed.

"Your servant is experiencing headaches and shortness of breath as I examine her eyes. I believe she's experiencing some flashbacks from her past," the physician said, his diagnosis.

"Flashbacks? What do you mean by flashbacks? How come a person far away from here experiences some flashbacks", he asked.

"That is for you to know, your highness. She has very delicate hands, smooth, her face was flawless, so I guess she is noble at birth," He said as he walked away from them.

"I also believe that letting her roam around the castle will benefit her from remembering more about her past and real identity," He shared, and the prince gave it a thought.

As soon as Ayla woke up, the prince was waiting for her.

"do you perhaps want to walk with me in the castle?" He offered as he stood up and went to her side, offering her hand.

"Does it perhaps come with a price?" She asked as she crossed her hands.

"No~ I am just offering it with sincerity" He smiled and gave me a sign to hold his hand.

"Well~ I can feel you are being sincere about it, but I am an independent woman. I can help myself stand," She replied, smiling at him.

"Well then. Let us go," he said as he closed his hand and retrieved it.

At first, she was unstable to keep her balance, but she regained her strength and straightened her back.

"Keep close, or you'll get lost," He said as he walked faster and faster.

They were walking away from his chambers and very far from the rooms.

"Then you should slow down a little; you are seventeen years old, and not to mention you are tall with very long legs," She said as she forced her smile.

"How come you know that I am seventeen years old?" He said as he walked even faster.

"Well, it was a wide guess; you are very tall because of puberty, your mind is very mature, and not to mention that the hair is starting to grow in your chin and your upper lip," She said

"And you use that to guess my age? How are you so certain?" He asked as he slowly turned around

"Well, I am not that stupid, and not to mention that most of my guesses are correct." She said as she kept her chin up, which made him smile.

"Oh my!! I forgot about something" He turned around not to look at her with so much respect.

"What?" She said as she was a bit confused

"Your linen smock is a bit thin, and I can see very clearly that your undergarments are showing up in the presence of powerful rays of the sun," He said as he crossed his arms.

"How come you are only telling me this now! That's why the guards in your chambers looked at me with so much lust!" She said with anger as she covered her body.

"I forgot when I saw your face. I am sorry," He said while he kept his back on her.

"You're a pervert," She said as she ran back without a sound.

"It was not my fault that you are a very, very beautiful woman that when a man sees you, they will forget---" He said as he turned around, but to his surprise, he no longer saw the girl following her from behind.

He was a bit disappointed as he was talking by himself alone.

She was walking down the hallway, preventing herself from the sun but so much prevention got her lost again.

"I should get some clothes first, but where should I get them? I have no money with me; I am PENILESS" she was talking to herself, but she realized she was going crazy.

As she searched for clothing, there was a staircase that made her curious, and she took her way up. An extravagant carpet made her guess that upstairs was the higher royal's room. Elijah is a royal, but she doesn't know why is he separated from the upper hands.

Her skin is flawless, and her hair glows in the presence of the sun as she walks down a straight path to a chamber. As the air blows from the windows, her hair is smooth and glossy to the eyes of a kid who thinks he found a fairy.

"What is a delicate young woman doing here?" He asked as he was leaning on his door.

"I got lost; I am sorry," she said as she was going to go down again, but he stopped him.

"You are young, and I can see that you are a royal," She said as she was about to go down.

"That means I should avoid you at all cost" She smiled at him and walked down the stairs.

"Then I command you to stop right there, I am a prince of Serdruan, and you will obey my order," He demanded

In her mind, "What a spoiled royal."

"This is the chambers of the crown prince, and it clearly states you have an ulterior motive," He said

"How can a nine-year-old boy suspect me of something I wouldn't do" She replied, which shocked the boy.

"How do you know my age? Are you a prophet?" He asked, which made her laugh for a long time.

"I am not a prophet. It's just a wild guess," She replied

"That was not my age, but you're close; I was just making you smile because I saw your sadness. I am eight years old," He said

"Then what's your name, young man?" she asked him

"I am Prince Louis Le Normand, the fifth child of King Robert Le Normand and Queen Alexandria de Chantre~," He said as he was so proud of himself.

"Then nice meeting you, Prince Louis," she replied as she continued walking down the stairs.

"Then tell me your name, lady," he said.

"Why is a young man so eager to know my name?" she asked him

"Because you perfectly fit someone's description of a girl," he said, making her even more curious about who is that someone this little prince is talking about.