Chapter 9: In His Bed

"What specific description does that person tell you," she asked the young man.

"He specified a girl with wavy natural light brown hair, a specific color of cocoa; he also said that the girl has brown hazel eyes, plump, kissable lips, and a girl with a pointy nose. That means I found the right girl," he said as he looked close to my face.

"There are a lot of girls out there who fit that definition, and I can assure you that it is not me," She defended as she was about to stand up.

"I am sure it is you," He said as he clung to her arm.

"I just arrived here today," she said, which made the young royal remove his hand from his grasp.

"Oh well then... It is not you that he's looking for," he said

"Then I should go look for clothes," she said, making the boy hold on to her.

"If clothes are what you're looking for, then. I can provide you that as a gift for keeping me company," Louis said

"You're a young royal, but why are you alone? Where are your maids and guards?" she asked of him.

"I ran away from them," he said

"Then how come you came out of your hiding place? How are you so certain I am a good person?" she asked.

"Because you are a good person. Your aura is so pure," he said.

"Then thank you for your compliments," she said as she bowed.

"Now, wait over to my brother's chambers, and I will bring you a maid to fix your hair and clothes," he said as he pushed her into the room.

Her eyes were mesmerized by the sight of a vast room full of very pricey items.

"Even my room was smaller than this, and the room of Prince Elijah is half of this. There are so many fur rags, the curtains, and even the bedsheets," she told herself as she roamed around the room.

She felt the bed was so comfy; she wanted to try.

"As expected of royals. Everything in this room is heaven," she said as she enjoyed jumping up and down.

There was a sudden noise outside, and the door was opened. Ayla quickly hid under the bedsheets and was in fear that she might be discovered.

"Tell my father that I am joining him on his hunt tomorrow," He said, but his voice was so familiar to her as she had heard him before, which is impossible because he is in Serdruan and she is from Kaastiana.

"Beatrice? I told you not to come to my chambers without telling me. Did someone see you?" He asked as he moved closer to the bed.

In her mind, she was focused on how to get out of this situation.

"Beatrice? Is that you under the bed sheets?" He asked with so much suspicion.

"Well, your timing is good because I want you to accompany me. I just came home from a very tiring horse riding with the Duke of Buren," He said as she could hear him undressing because he had just removed his sword.

"Beatrice?" He again asked, but now she could feel the blankets being lifted. She has a rapid reflex that she immediately covers herself with it.

"You're not Beatrice are you?" He asked as he used his force to remove the blanket from me.

"Show me your face, and I will grant you mercy," He said, but she was so scared even to see him.

"Where's that little kid now," She told herself, shivering with fear.

"Brotherrrrr!!!!" A kid shouted as he was catching his breath.

"I heard you already came home," He said

"Not now, Louis. I am eager to know who is lying down on my bed." He said as he was pulling the sheets.

"Brother!! I might know who that person is because I was the one who told that person to wait for me, but I need that person right now. Don't ask for more questions because I am unsure if I can answer you truthfully," He said as he quickly went to bed and let her see his tiny hands. She grabbed it, and the little man dragged her out of the room.

"Don't remove the blanket until I tell you to," He said as he turned around and saw his brother crossing his hands, watching them walk away from his room.

"Where should we go now?" She asked him

"Let's go to my older sister's room. She is not in there for a moment because my mother threw her out to Miliana," He said as he pulled her along. They moved one floor down to the princess' chambers.

"I ordered my maids to assist you. Although that will be my first and last sign of gratitude towards you," He said as he left them in the room.

The maids were so jealous of her skin and the perfect ratios of her body. She went behind the well-designed cloth where women change when they are with someone. She changed her undercoat.

"Are you a princess?" They asked as they tightened her corset.

"Uhmm. I am not a princess, and why is the corset so tight? I can't breathe," She said as she held her breath.

"You are so flawless, and your hair is nicely permed. Everything about you is so perfect," The servants said as they guided her to sit down while they combed and fixed her hair.

"Oh well. My maid always accompanied me, but they took her away from me," She shared as tears formed in her eyes again.

"Do not cry, my lady, or we will wait for you to sobber up and apply them," they comforted her as she took a deep breath and calmed herself down.

The maids request her to close her eyes and open them when needed. She remained calm, and the ladies enjoyed applying makeup to her face.

"My lady. You can look at yourself in the mirror now," They said as she opened her eyes and was amazed by their skills.

"I can't even recognize my face," she said as she looked at her right side view, left side, and face.

"Seems like God poured everything to a young girl," the other maid said.

"You are ready for the party," another one said

"What party?" she asked.

"The Queen of Serdruan arranged a party for tomorrow's Duke of Buren's departure. King Robert must have secured much weaponry from the Duke" They shared a piece of information with her.

"Weaponry? Is there a war coming?" she asked.

"Don't tell anybody, my lady, but I heard that the reagent of Egothedia requested it. Since Serdruan pledged an alliance between Egothedia in exchange for marriage," a brave maid told her.

In her mind, she was thinking about something, and her heart was either feeling itchy or sad "Reagent of Egothedia?"

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

AN: Pictures were taken online and you can imagine more beautiful than this pics, I just used them for reference.