Chapter 19: All Or Nothing

"Then I wasted my time with you," He said as he returned to the party.

Ayla went to the fields and lay down as she looked at the stars and the full moon.

Hannah saw her in the field.

"Ayla? Is that you?" she asked as she slowly went to her.

"Oh! Hannah" She welcomed her.

"What are you doing here?" she asked her.

"The party was all good, but I just couldn't afford to be happy when I lost all the members of my family in just a day," She shared as she deeply looked at the stars.

"What do you mean?" Hannah asked her.

"My family was accused of tr--- What am I doing?! I wasn't supposed to tell you the details. Please understand. I am sorry for that," She said as she focused on the vast sky.

"It's okay. I know that you don't trust me yet, but out of all the girls I met, why does my heart feel so light when I see you, and I am with you? It's strange," She said, making them both smile.

"Are you confessing your love towards me?" Ayla said, and they were laughing at each other.

"Just don't get attached because I might be the reason you will lose your life, and I can't bear seeing such a cruel thing," She said as they looked into each other's eyes.

"I want to learn more about you, though," She said as she moved closer.

"Why would a woman with a title want to know more about a woman like me, a commoner," Ayla asked as she focused into Hannah's eyes, but she couldn't look at her straight.

"I am just suspecting something about you is not just a commoner but a more powerful one," She said, which made Ayla shiver.

"I don't want power, and many people died because of the desire to want and to get more power. Innocent lives were no longer spared; the desire for power will always spill the blood of thousands of people who occupies the country," She said as she sighed.

"Seems like you were raised as a good person after all," Hannah told her as she tapped her shoulder.

"We should head inside. It's getting colder here," She warned Ayla after she left. She stood up and slowly went back inside.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

A new day, a new beginning. The ladies were gathered in a room where they enjoyed discussing last night's event. A sudden interruption was made when the citizens heard the trumpets in all the rooms in the castle.

"What was that for?" Ayla asked.

"There's a royal in the castle today!" The women cheered

"But is it a king or a queen?" They asked each other as they held hands.

"We should dress in an extraordinary dress, and this might be a chance for us to be queens if the royal visitor is a single king," Mia cheered.

They immediately dress nicely and put some makeup on to enhance their beauty. Ayla never dared to look better than anyone else in the room, but Lady Isabella noticed that. Lady Isabella took one of her most beautiful dresses, and they stripped her clothes until her undergarments showed up.

"This is sooo wrong!!!" Ayla said as she covered her body.

"Ohh! You have very nice skin, a perfect body shape, and overall a charming woman," Stacey said as they put the chosen dress to her.

"I can't believe that you stripped me," Ayla said as she couldn't let go of their grip.

"You have your undergarments on," Amy said.

"Now, breath in," Isabella said, and she just followed their command.

They tightened her corset, and it revealed her actual body shape.

"Women in Serdruan must haven't learned how to breathe," She said as she could barely breathe with the corset.

"You'll get over it," They said.

This time Mia was in charge of her hair and did a pretty good job exposing her neck and enhancing her overall beauty. Amy was the one who did her makeup, and as soon as she was finished, they all adored her beautiful appearance.

"I have really really decided that I will never walk along with you," Isabella said as they were amazed at how she looked after dressing up.

"I don't deserve this," Ayla said as she looked at the mirror.

They pulled each other and went directly to the throne room.

People's eyes were focused on only one girl, and that was Ayla. The royal visitor was a King of Losman, and the ladies from Egothedia heard the ladies' gossip.

"I heard he's here to find a queen," The noble ladies whispered.

The King of Losman presented his gifts for his royal visit, and the king and queen accepted them.

"I wonder the purpose of your visit here to Serdruan King Luke?" The king asked.

"As you may have heard. I am seeking a lady who captures my heart. I will gladly accept whether she is a commoner, noble, or even royal," He said with his head held high.

"You are the king of Losman, and you must be married to a wealthy woman or a royal to strengthen your country, but why must a commoner join?" The queen asked him.

"You're right, your majesty b---" She stopped him from talking.

"No one can match your rank except a queen or a princess. Are you finding a mistress instead?" She said that made the king of Losman mad for a reason.

"I intend to have a woman who supports and gives me reasonable plans, not to mention that she will always be by my side," He defended.

"How can a commoner even govern a country? Should she milk some goats and cows?" The queen was a bit insulting to many people in the room.

"Then I should stay here for some time, your majesty. Unless let me meet your niece and daughter with an elite rank to match mine," The King said as they agreed to his request.

As soon as he turned around, he met Ayla's eyes. Just like the others, he has fallen to Ayla's natural beauty.

Ayla saw his greenish-colored eyes that matched his outfit. The King of Losman looks very mature, maybe at age 26. He has pretty long eyelashes, thick eyebrows, a pointy nose, heart-shaped lips, and a nice-cut beard, making him even more masculine.

Everyone looked in the direction he was seeing, and they saw her—most of them in the room envy Ayla, who always gets the Royals in her grasp.

At a distance, the princes were also looking at Ayla, and they were in a trance as they saw her dressed in a very extravagant outfit and jewels.