Chapter 18: Attempted

Ayla slept peacefully after taking the physician's medications, and until sunset, she was still lying on Alexander's bed.

Alexander heard a sudden knock on his door and a lady appeared in front of him.

"Beatrice!" He said as his breath nearly escaped his lungs.

"You've been busy this day," She said as she moved closer to him.

"I had a lot of work to do in the court," He said, and this time the lady was caressing his chest, and she slipped her hand at the back of his neck.

Alexander was urged to kiss her, but he kept his pace.

"Beatrice! Not now," He whispered in her ear, but the lady was unstoppable. She revealed her bare skin, her collarbone was revealing, and not to mention her boobs were showing up.

The Crown Prince could no longer control himself and kissed her on her neck. She enjoyed the kisses, but Ayla suddenly created noise in her sleep.

"I forgot to tell you that I am not alone in the room," He whispered in the lady's ear, and that pissed her off.

"Then I will see you soon," She said as she smiled and lastly felt his chest before she left.

He sighed and stood there, seeing her leave the room. As soon as Beatrice was gone, he returned to his table and read the books piled on his table while waiting for Ayla to wake up.

"Arghhh! That hurts!" She said as she slowly sat down.

"Why does this bed feel so comfortable?" She said as she noticed the covers were new and very comfortable.

"Wah! I sure wish I had the same bed," She said as she threw herself on the pillows again.

"You're awake," A man by the table said as he stood up and saw her in the distance.

She realized the sheets were the same as the bed where she hid from the man who accused her of a girl named Beatrice.

"I am sorry for the inconvenience. I will fix your bed, and the ladies must need me to assist them," She reasoned as she quickly got out of the bed and fixed it.

"Is this place familiar to you?" He asked as he moved closer to her.

She fixed the blanket and was about to go, but the prince quickly pulled the veil on his bed and wrapped the blanket around her body and face.

"Found you," He said with a smirk.

"I am not familiar with this pla---" She was stopped from talking

"My blankets went missing that day, and seeing you with my new blankets made me realize that you were that girl. Not to mention that you are the girl Louis always favors a lot, and that girl that day leads me to you," he said with a proud smile.

Ayla's face was getting hotter and hotter, but she eventually escaped from his chambers. She drags his blanket along with her, which makes her realize that she's a fool taking a royal's blanket.

"Argh! What a day! How should I return this" She said as she looked back, but Ayla realized that she never did want to go back again.

She put the blanket in her chambers and went to where the party was held.

Louis and Amanda were getting along with each other. Her outfit was not that noticeable, but people praised her for her overall beauty. Even though the dress was not that good, her features made it look more beautiful.

"I decided that I will never invite you to my party," Isabella said as she gave Ayla a glass of wine and everyone laughed at her joke.

"Next time, I will wear a maid's clothes" She joked around, but a nobleman came to them asking for a dance. They bet it was for Ayla, but the man requested Mia's hand.

Everyone was happy as they saw their friend on the dance floor. Men kept coming until Ayla was left alone, just watching them dance.

Louis and Amanda came to her, pulling her to the dance floor. Her sandals were a bit uncomfortable, so she left them behind.

The kids were so hyper, and they eventually jumped, but it was very unpleasing to the queen's eyes but marvelous in the eyes of the people.

Her tied hair got loose, and it was waving as they had a fun time. People were focused on her and admired her beauty.

"I should get a woman like that," A man said

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

"That was a very tiring activity," She said as she picks her sandals and sat down.

"Let me do that," Elijah said as he snatched her sandals.

"I can do it by myself," She said, but Elijah denied it.

He took her right foot; he removed the dirt on it and slowly slipped her foot into the sandal; the same goes for her left foot.

"Watch out for the envoys from Kaastiana. They will never be trusted," Elijah warned, and he stood up.

She excused herself, heading towards the south keep, but someone prevented her.

"Have you ever heard or seen a woman who came here from a shipwreck?" A noble man said as he had a yellowish crest of the thing that surrounded his robe.

"You're a Kaastianan," She said

"Yes, I am. I was searching for a lady that came here from a shipwreck. Rumors said that I could find her here," The man said.

"I will gladly answer your questions IF you tell me your name," She told him.

"I am Joseph," he said

"Why are you so interested in finding the lady?" she asked him

"Because she was my betrothed, and not to mention that she was on her way to our country, but the waves caught her, and it wrecked her ship. I came here to retrieve her," He said, but she was sure he was lying in her face.

"Hmmm... I am not sure of that. I don't know who the lady you are looking for" She lied.

He wanted me to go back, but the king spared my life. Why would they come for me? She asked in her mind.