Chapter 15: Tasks

"You are good at knitting Ayla" They praised her as she was focused on creating blue roses

"Why did you choose blue roses?" Amy asked her

"Because it represents mystery, elegance, and rarity," She replied as she tried hard to craft it in a stitch.

They finished their work in just four hours. Lady Isabella made a raspberry-red gladiolus that represents her name; Lady Amy made a cape primrose; Lady Mia is Lisianthus; Lady Hannah made chrysanthemums, and Lady Stacey made a Stacey Sue rose.

"Everyone's work is so incredible," Isabella said as we compared them.

"I will give this handkerchief to the man I adore," Lady Stacey said as she removed the cloth from the round object.

"I heard there will be nobles and royals in the castle at your half-sister's birthday," Mia said as all their faces turned lively.

"Oh, there you are! I was looking everywhere for you," Queen Alexandria said as she looked directly at Ayla.

"Do you need something from me, your grace?" she asked as she kept her head down.

"Yes!" She said, and they walked together to the halls.

"What is your task for me, your grace?" Ayla asked.

"Go and give the horses a bath so they will look presentable for tomorrow's event," The Queen demanded.

"Why am I inch---"

"I am your Queen, and you will do as I command you to," She said as she raised her eyebrows.

"As you wish," she said and stormed out to the stables.

"She hates me!" she said furiously as he looked at the horses, giving her calmness.

"I miss horse riding," she said as she held the horse's head.She was drawn to the white horse with gray hair, and it made her think of having a ride to the seaside.

"Should we go?" she asked the horse and put her hand in front of her as she waited for the horse to accept her hand.

"I should name you Maya," She said as the horse licked her face.

She fixed the materials on the horse, the saddle blanket, saddle, safety stirrups, and, most significantly, the bridle. She had difficulty going on the horse because it was so tall. She climbed to the railings and jumped at Maya, but her horse got surprised and ran away.

"Maya~ wait!!!" She said as the horse broke out of the room.

"Wahhh!!! Mayaa!!!" She said as she was holding on to her.

Maya went into the woods. There were twists and turns, but the most problematic one was that there were a lot of trees, and Ayla received a lot of scratches on her hand.

Her skirt got stuck in the stirrups, but she did not mind and tore it. She helped herself into a comfortable ride and got to control Maya.

"Maya! You almost killed me, and not to mention you are too fast," She said as she controlled the bridle.

The horse leads her to a hill with only one tree present there.

"I also have the same place in Kaastiana. The tree where I always read my books and practice swordsmanship with my father. It was a place of comfort," She said as she got off the horse and led her there.

She looked around and saw an initial in the tree. It caused her minor headaches again, and she saw the two children with a royal guard.

"You should craft it properly," The male kid told him.

"I will try to draw the heart," She told him.

"QE & KA," the royal guard asked, and both of them agreed to him.

The little girl drew the heart but accidentally scratched her pointer finger with the knife causing her to bleed. The little boy immediately took the knife and cut some of his clothes; he tied the cloth to her cut, preventing her from losing more blood.

Ayla was smiling at this memory, but she suddenly laughed as she remembered that the girl suddenly kissed the boy's cheek.

"These initials mean Queen Erytheia and King Alexander?" she asked herself, and she felt her cheeks getting hotter.

"What's wrong with me?" she asked as she slapped herself out of it.

She also recalled that this field contains a lot of memories. She climbed the tree, had a piggyback ride with the royal kid, and they even played catch with each other. She felt the happiness between the kids, and she thought that the young Queen's memories might have possessed her.

"Maya... We should go before the Queen of Serdruan will accuse me of leaving my responsibilities behind," she said as they returned to the castle.

"I was looking for my horse, and you took it," The crown prince told her as she entered the castle, acting like someone with high rank used it.

"I did not," she said as she looked upwards.

"My mother told me that you are supposed to be giving the horses a bath, but I see you were coming back with my horse," He said as he moved closer to her.

"I was about to give them a bath, but your horse escaped," She reasoned, but the horse kept sniffing her.

"I see! My horse has a saddle blanket, a saddle, safety stirrups, and a bridle. Did my horse dress herself up?" He said as he held the horse's head.

"I was - - - argh! Okay, I give up. I will go now and bathe them all until they shine like the stars" She joke around and drag Maya along with her.

"The Queen wants you to do the dishes in the kitchen after you finish with the horses," He said as he was about to enter the castle.

"This family is brutal," She murmured.

"What did you just say?" the Crown Prince turned around.

"I was just admiring how you spared my life after running away with your horse," She said, making the Crown Prince smile.

She returned to the stables and started fetching some water with the pales. She stored a lot of pales full of water, and she felt her back hurt so much.

"I came here to find my family, not to serve a family," She said as she tied her hair back and removed her overcoat.

"That feels so much better," she said as she started pouring the water on the horses and started scrubbing.

She received slaps from the horse's tails, but she didn't mind. The water is going low again.

"Need my help?" a man asked, and she turned around, catching her breath.

"Carlyle?" She said as she smiled, but her face was filled with filth.