Chapter 20: There's No Turning Back

"The King of Losman has fallen into your hands Ayla~" The girls cheered as they went back to Isabella's room.

"Are you crazy! That's not true! Maybe he's looking at you, Amy. You were the one who is by my side," She defended as she didn't even want to meet some royalty.

"But he was smitten by your looks! You are a worthy jewel a man would die to get," Mia said as they couldn't stop teasing her.

"I should keep my distance from him and do my best to avoid him at all cost!" Ayla was so determined to do that.

"You are wasting a great opportunity, Ayla~ can't you see? Everyone is the same in his eyes; he is not picky regarding ranks," Isabella advised, but she already has a man who captured her heart. She just wasn't sure about how she felt.

"I don't want power," She replied as she removed the jewelry.

"You are a fool," Isabella said

"I know I am. It's just that I am too young to have a husband," She said as she loosened the corset.

"I can finally breathe! At last!" she cheered as she dropped herself on Isabella's bed.

"You're turning sixteen," Amy said as they looked at her.

"King Luke is good, but something feels empty; I do not feel any sparks or fluttery towards him. I cannot feel my heart tickles or something," Ayla replied, and the girls sat on the bed.

"So you marry for love?" Hannah said

"Of course! What do you call a marriage without love between the husband and the wife? It is useless," Ayla said as she rolled around.

"You should marry to make your life comfortable," Mia told her.

"Everyone loves a comfortable life. It pains me to see that a woman suffers in that kind of relationship. Her only duty is to give the man an heir; if she can't do that, she will either get cheated on by her husband or divorced. Not to mention that when she doesn't want a divorce, she will get killed," Ayla said.

"We admire your thoughts, but King Luke is a royal, not just anybody" They tried to change her mind, but she was already focused on her ideal marriage.

"Suite yourself. You're turning down a special offer to every woman in the world." The girls told her.

"Yey!" she fakes her cheer, and they find it cute.

"I like you," Isabella told her.
"Why am I getting a lot of confessions to all of you?" She said as she looked at them one by one.

"We are just fond of your purity. You're very, very innocent in many ways," Hannah told them. She did not share her theories about the missing queen with her friends because she was making sure of Ayla's identity. Hannah will be beheaded if she can't prove it.

"Have you even had your first kiss?" they asked her.

"I haven't kissed anyone yet," she replied

"Even sex?" Amy asked, which made everyone's cheeks turn red

"Oh my God! Why did you ask that casually without even thinking twice" She was stuttering to tell her that.

"It's very vulgar," She whispered, but they just laughed at her.

"You will soon talk about that. Be casual," Mia told her.

"You're very naive about topics like this," Isabella told her as they laughed.

"I should keep my Virtue because if I lost it, no man would ever want to marry me" She shared her thoughts.

"Amy has already been played," Isabella announced, which made everyone laugh.

"It was sex without conceiving a child," Amy defended.

"We are all virgins except for kisses because the only Virgin and most pure to us is Ayla," Mia told them, which made everyone agree.

"Who is your first kiss, though?" Ayla asked them.

"Mine was from the kitchen boy in the castle," Amy said as she bit her lower lip.

"You're attracted to a servant?" Mia told her, but she immediately received a slap.

"Well, it was just a short kiss, but it went a little crazy along the way," Amy shared, and the girls were shouting.

"Mine was just a peck from the first boy I admire," Mia told them.

"Me too," Hannah replied.

"Mine was with a royal guard in the palace," Isabella told shared, which everyone didn't find amusing.

"Hmm, I do not wish to share mine because one of you might kill me," Stacey said as she looked upward.

"One of us? Is that my ex-lover?" Isabella said as she looked at her with so much suspicion.

"Of course not!" Stacey denied.

"If not an ex-lover, then it must be a brother," Ayla guessed, making Stacey panic, and the girls find it amusing.

"Seriously, Stacey?" Hannah asked while her face was a bit happy.

"Why, what's wrong?" Ayla asked them

"This is all your fault," Stacey said, but this time Isabella took her and tickled her as a punishment.

"I'm confused," Ayla said as she got out of bed.

"Isabella-- I--it--wasn't int--intentional," Stacey told her as she continued laughing.

"What is going on, my ladies?" Ayla asked.

"Well, I have a brother who is just six years old. Amy doesn't have one, but all girls in the family. Hannah is the only child in this group. Stacey has a little brother, and Isabella has a twin brother," Mia told her as she laughed.

"She seriously kissed her twin brother behind her back?" Ayla asked as she was laughing.

"I guess she did," Hannah said as they looked at them.

A sudden knock was made on their door, and a man came in.

"Am I interrupting?" the man said.

"Not actually. Come in." Isabella said as she fixed her dress and Stacey too.

"Who are you?" Hannah asked.

"I am an apprentice of King Luke." He replied and bowed.

"What does your king need from us?" Isabella said as the girls looked at Ayla.

"I think we already know the answer." He said as he also looked at her.

Ayla was famished, and as she lifted her head, everyone smiled at her.

"N---" Amy stopped her from talking.

"Then where should the lady meet him?" Amy asked with a weird smile.

"My King requested her company at the east yard at sunset," The man said as he left, and the girls were excited to dress her up again.