Chapter 17: They Need Her

"Hmm... We should go back to the castle. I heard you have a beautiful lady waiting for you," she said as she held his hand

"You are not the judge of that," he said as they headed back to the castle with the royal guard.

"I heard you like the view of the ocean," Ayla started

"Of course! I love the sound of the waves and how it touches my feet," he said

"You do love your country, right?" She asked him

"Of course!" he replied

"Then having a new playmate by your side will grant you and your country a beautiful life," She told him as they smiled together.

"Then I should meet her if she brings me something beautiful," He said, and Ayla agreed.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

"Hradun will give us an advantage. We need this alliance," The Queen said

"Of course we need it, and the only person who can do it is---" She stopped the King from talking.

"Is my pretty boy Louis! This girl is charming, and she will suit you the most," The queen said as she looked at her son.

"All we need to do is to let him go and fetch his future wife. Alexander, you will accompany your brother to the east and wait for her arrival," The King demanded, and he received the task.

"But Father! Mother! Can I bring Ayla along with us? It helps me feel calm being with her," Louis said as their eyes focused on me.

"Why will a commoner be in the same carriage with a royal?" The King said as he looked at her.

"Robert! Shut it! If that is my son's wish," The queen said as she gave me a sharp glare.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Ayla was sleeping on the road and way to the princess of Hradun.

"She's the girl in my bed, right?" Alexander asked his brother, but he was busy avoiding his questions.

"She has a very alluring smell. Her hair has the scent of flowers, and not to mention her skin was flawless," Louis said as he looked at his brother.

"Indeed she is." He said but with no interest in looking at her. He looks at the window with the ocean's breeze.

Louis was lying down on Ayla and had a very comfortable ride.

They arrived on the shore and waited for the princess' ship.

"You snore like a pig," Alexander said as he smiled, but Ayla cleared her eyes.

"I don't snore," She replied as she wiped the corner of her mouth.

"She's right! Why are you filling her head with lies?!" Louis was mad at his brother, and Ayla smiled because Louis was a sincere young man.

"Boats, your grace," The guards said as they pointed at them.

"She's here," They said as they looked at them, but the only problem was that they had Kaastiana's envoys with them.

"Why are they here?" Alexander asked as they were very calm because Kaastiana and Serdruan were at peace for now.

"We come in peace!" The Kaastiana's guards shouted as they went closer to them.

"Spare them for now but warn the castle of their arrival," Alexander said, and the guard immediately took a horse and ran back.

Two countries stand together on one ground, but no one in both countries intends to step forward.

"Louis, you should go and ask for her hand," She whispered to the young prince, but he stood behind her.

"You should resolve this because everyone is waiting. That's the reason why you're brought here." Alexander whispered in her ear, and she rolled her eyes.

Ayla moved toward the Hradunian people, and Louis followed her from behind her skirt.

"Hello, there! What's your name, princess?" She asked as she bent down to match her height.

"Amanda," She whispered her name, making her smile because she found it cute.

"Well, Princess Amanda, I have a friend right here, and I think you will like him. He's cute, nice, and not to mention that he is very friendly and wants to be your playmate," Ayla said as she held her hand, making the guards a bit unhappy with what she did.

"It's okay. This lady is a friend of mine now," She said, and they are now at ease.

She took the Princess' hand and took Louis's hand. She placed them together and gave them space.

"Well, you are of great use," Alexander said with an effortless smile.

As Louis gave the princess his horse-shaped toy, Ayla had another flashback, which was giving her a brutal headache this time. She was about to faint, but the prince immediately assisted her.

"Are you okay? You look unwell," Alex asked as he was tightly assisting her.

This time, the memory that flashed on her mind was more explicit than those she had flashbacks before. This time she saw the boy's apparent facial features. This pain is something that will make her faint for some time.

She remembered that she was also on the shore and a little man approached her with so much confidence.

"I made it myself," The kid with blue eyes said.

"You are willing to give it to me?" She asked him

"Of course. It will be a promise bracelet, for now; I made the same design as mine," The boy said as he showed her his hand.

The young little boy took her hand and placed it with so much care.

"It looks so beautiful in your hand," He said as they admired the pairing bracelets on their hand.

"Lady Ayla!!! Are you okay?! Are you hurt?! What's wrong??" Louis said as he truthfully cared for her. The princess also went to her side.

"You should have declined my offer. It was selfish of me bringing you along on a trip when I noticed that you were so unwell when you came to me by the field," Louis said.

"You're the boy in my memories? And I am unsure if she's me," She said as her headaches worsened.

They immediately ride the carriage with the princess of Hradun, and Alexander places her head on his shoulder. They ordered the driver to go faster.

When they arrived at the castle, Alexander immediately told the maids to call the royal physician to assist them. He slowly placed her in his bed because he didn't know where Ayla's chambers were.

Ayla was holding her head tightly as the pain continued to hunt her.

"What took you so long?!! Assist her immediately," Alexander said as Louis was guilty of bringing her with him.

"My Lady. Please cooperate with me. Can you sit down and let me assist you first before giving you medicine" The royal physician said as she immediately did what he asked.

She slowly sat down but still couldn't let go of her head.

The physician assessed her heartbeat and looked closely into her eyes.

"She's just having a severe migraine, and I will give her a sedative to ease the pain she's having now. Also, she needs a rest," The physician said as he quickly prepared the medicine for her to take.

"Louis! Go and welcome the princess of Hradun so that she won't feel lonely," Alexander said, but Louis was hesitant to go away.

"It's okay! I will be with her," He told his brother, and that assured him. Louis went back to the crowd to his betrothed.