Try to Fix It (Part One)

Y/N's POV

Most of my time spent at my new place was always with someone, whether it was Gwen or Jaden, but now I don't feel like seeing anyone. Gwen's already judged me enough today, and Jaden? Well, he was just another reminder that Chase wanted me to date him.
His reasoning at the time is starting to make sense. He wanted me to move on before it was advertised that he moved on already. There's no way I would tell him that, though. And the only flaw was: how was I supposed to move on from him in less than a week?
A knock comes from my door and I know it's Jaden telling me he's ready to drive us to the beach for our shift.
Opening the door, I'm greeted with his smiling, unaware of my suffering, face.
"You ready to go?" He asks before taking in my appearance, "oh... you're still in your pajamas."
I nod slowly, "yeah, I'm not going to work today. Sorry."
"Oh," he hesitates, "I can call off too if you want. Have a movie night?"
I look down and shake my head, not wanting to see the disappoint on his face when I say, "I just really wanna be alone today."
"O-kay," disappointment fills his voice, but he doesn't push me further.
After a few moments he says, "well have a good day. If you need anything you have my number."
I nod, "thank you, you too." With that, he left and I shut the door, slowly making my way back to my previous spot on the couch.
Not even a full minute later, there's another knock on my door. Assuming it's Jaden again, I yell a quick come in instead of getting up.
The door opens, revealing the one person I never thought would find me here.
Chase.