a word from the author! 🙄

Hello my dear readers!

Sorry to let you down but this is not a chapter. I mentioned last time in the comment section of chapter 12 that I wanted to make some sort of explanation and statements, either way here I am.

I want to start by thanking all of you for reading and supporting my work. The fact that you guys check in every time I release a chapter, really means a lot to me! I've always had a passion for good stories and I have lots of respect for the authors that made them. But also from other creators who make fanfictions and show their writing skills. That's what drives me the most to create "Devil X Sorcerer", since writing is also an old hobby of mine.

As you can imagine my favourite manga are Jujutsu Kaisen and Chainsaw Man.
In my opinion these two shonen series have really brought a new era of manga that has potential to even surpass the big three! But what I think that stands out the most and also the reason that I decided to write a crossover between these two is the fact that they are different but also similar in a way that would make sense if it was one story only.

I guess what shocks me the most is the fact that there isn't a lot of crossovers for these two series and that is quite sad because I really would have enjoyed reading one but since I couldn't find I thought I should just make it myself.

This is my first work as an amatuer fanfiction writer, hoping to get better with time. English is not my native language so I tend to make some mistakes in writing. But either way I really enjoy it. Now that I remember I started writing
"Devil X Sorcerer" when I dropped the first chapter on August 2021.
Back then I recall that I got fired from my job and i felt a little bit depressed. So in the end I did find some relax by making this fanfiction.
I know that my biggest problem is that I do delay a lot on the updates. Many of you even ask me on the comments about when I'm going to release and when I'm not ready I really don't have the courage to reply.
Trust me I do not do this on purpose. It's just that now I'm busy most of the day with my job and school is about to start as well and I'm afraid that It could be harder for me to update more often.

Although one thing is for sure! Since I do not intend to drop this work mid way and also because of my passion for it, I plan to give this fanfiction a proper original ending which means I will release other chapters as well. But it could take some time!

Lastly I want to talk about my main characters, Makima and Gojo!
I love them both! They are literally my favourites in their respective manga.
Most of the people like to put them against each other and discuss who would win in a fight. Well that's a discussion for another day.
The thing is that I ship these two a lot. Call me crazy if you want! But they do make an interesting couple and they have an amazing development as characters, especially Makima.
Now as you guys know, this fanfic is more focused on Makima's perspective rather then Gojo's and I decided to do that because after finishing Chainsaw Man I saw more potential to develop her character further more. Regardless Fujimoto had his own view and I respect that. But it always made me wonder what would happen if Makima got a redemption arc and what would her interaction with some other characters be like.

I want to make it clear that although in this fanfiction Makima is starting to change from what we are used to know her character in the manga, she's also a total badass and more of a antiheroine in my opinion. Not as evil as a devil but not as kindhearted as an angel. She mostly is the balance between light and darkness and that's what makes her human in this case ironically.
In this fanfic, She's been granted a second chance in another world where she can live as a human. Now it is possible for her to have a family, something that she always longed for but couldn't because of her previously being the control devil. Her goal is pretty much the same to create a peaceful world but without unneccesary sacrifices and dictatorship this time. That's where her ideals are related with Gojo's ideals since he wants pretty much the same thing.

Gojo doesn't change a lot in this fanfic but his interaction with a female character that could be considered as strong as him and also as love interest make up for an interesting turn of events.

The events of this story begin after chapter 96 of chainsaw Man. It primarily takes place right after the Death Painting Arc of Jujutsu Kaisen and will probably be concluded around the events of Shibuya Incident Arc since I still want to keep the stories cannon in a way. I'll decide later on about that matter!

You're probably wondering now what I intend to do with the relationship between Makima and Gojo right?

For that you just have to continue reading.😊
I will update the next chapter on october with a new original arc.

Also I want to bring up the fact that Chainsaw Man Part 2 has begun serialization 2 months ago.
It's awesome go read it if you havent yet. Jujutsu Kaisen is also in the middle of the calling game arc. Can't wait to see what will happen with the story!

If you guys have any question about my story like some plot holes that need to be explained further more or some plot points that you'd like to see happen, let me know with a comment down below!.

Thank you once again my dear readers for reading "Devil X Sorcerer"!