Danger Chapter 11

Chad's POV

I did the norm for the first half of school, but when the lunch bell rang, I went to the corner where me and my friends hung out. The thing about lunch was that it wasn't necessary, us worker drones don't need lunch. Food is optional, but the humans ate three meals a day. Most of us ate food every once in a while or not at all, but my family had a bit more money than the rest, and we ate dinner almost every night, while breakfast was unnecessary due to the lack of time in the morning. I sat down next to my gang.

Thad had already gotten there and so had the rest of them, so I was ready to tell them about H– I mean Hype but when I was about to open my mouth Thad jumped in.

"Chad has a new giiiiirlfriend!" he announced in a sing-song voice.

"Oh wow." Mathew said sarcastically "What a big surprise, that's totally never happened before." Mathew was kind of a nerd but he liked anime like me and had a good sense of humor, so we're pretty good friends.

I began to speak "No she's not my girl-"

"WHAT'S HER NAME?!" Leo asked. He was pretty short for his age (we're all pretty short for our age.), and only a sophomore, so he was a grade below me. He's one of us because of his energy, and love for video games. He was also one of us because we usually didn't have that much energy ourselves and needed someone that would keep us on our toes.

"She better be in your league" Sneered Alex. He was pretty tall and a decent fighter, so he was the hitman of the gang who would beat up any jerks who crossed our paths.

I got really annoyed "I SAID SHE'S NOT MY GIRLFRIEND!"

"Bro calm down, we're only teasing." Thad said.

"I WASN'T TEASING! I wanted to know her name." Leo said stubbornly.

"Okay okay, but you can't tell anyone."

"Ooooooh, a secret girlfriend! Please go on!" Mathew joked.

I sighed "She's a murd– disassembly drone" I said, remembering that Hype seemed to prefer being called that.

"I can help you kill it after school!" Alex said proudly but closed his mouth when Thad gave him a significant look.

"A MURDER Drone! That would be cuuuute!" Leo said happily. "Are you SURE she's not your girlfriend?"

"I heard that Disassembly Drones have a 80% higher chance of being hotter than most Worker Drones." Mathew informed us. "That means that there is an 80% chance that this Disassembly Drone is hotter than Lizzie."

Alex and Thad burst out laughing.

"He's not wrong," Thad said through his giggles.

I rolled my eyes. "You guys are a bunch of simps." I had an idea. "Listen, if you shut up I will let you come to my house and see her." I said, using "let" instead of "invite" to make them want to come, which was a trick that my dad taught me.

"ME!" Leo yelled, ignoring my requirements. " I WANNA MEET THE TALL MURDER DRONE!"

"GUYS! Wait a second, are you saying we can trust this thing?" Alex questioned.

I sighed. "She is not a thing, and yes we can trust her."

Alex had an expression I couldn't read. "Alright, I'll go." He said slowly.

"I'll go too!" Mathew announced excitedly.

"Then it's settled." I said, "We'll go there after school."