4.

Finally home from a long, yet productive work day. Everyday that I'm able to walk into my work place, is another day that I am able to make some money.

Thankfully, Passion and Royalty were both asleep. I love my daughters, but sometimes I just want to come home and not be questioned or fussed at because I missed this event or that event.

I carried them. I birthed both of them naturally. They are healthy and wealthy because of me. I should be the last person anyone in this house should question.

"Hey." Jason said as he walked through the room.

"Hey."

"Why are you sitting down here?" He yawned.

"Having some tea and relaxing. What do you want?"

He shook his head. "Nothing, I didn't know you were down here. I was just coming to get some water." He threw his hands up as he walked past me.

I shrugged my shoulders and went back to scrolling on social media. I'm not sure what his attitude is about, however, I'm not the type that'll beg someone to speak up.

We argue about the same thing over and over, so I'm sure tonight will be the same.

"Look Yomi. We need to talk."

"When don't we?" I rolled my eyes.

"Please stop with the attitude. So my homeboy at work named Shawn, he brought something to my attention. I feel like it'll benefit the both of us."

"Shawn? The college dropout? Tuh. There's nothing wise that he could ever say to me." I laughed.

"He suggested that we should look into getting a nanny. That way you can do what you want, and I could, you know have some help."

"Some help? Jason, you sound ridiculous. What do you need help with?"

"The girls. Dinner. Homework. I mean, sometimes I have to bring them to work with me. They have activities they want to participate in, but I can't always say yes. I appreciate Shawn, but he's been covering for me a lot."

"Should of thought of this before you asked for kids."

"You know what? Your attitude is ridiculous. One day, you are going to look up, and I'll be gone. With the girls. Then what will you do?"

I laughed. "Survive without y'all. What am I supposed to do? Sit around and be depressed? That will never, EVER happen."

Jason pinched the bridge of his nose. "Look, just think about it. I feel like this would be a great help. Having a nanny will even give us some time to have a date night."

"If I wanted to have a date night. I would have planned it. I mean, I'm sure I would be the one paying for it." I laughed.

"That's not true."

"Hire the damn nanny. I don't give a fuck. Let me know how much the cost is so I can write a check. I'm sleeping in the other room tonight. You are getting on my nerves. I can never get any peace around here."

☀️