17.

Today is Monday. I had just sent the girls off to school.

Of course Jason was already gone.

So I grabbed all my belongings and went to my apartment.

I feel like I never see this place anymore, but it's still mine and I love having a place to call my own.

I started some laundry, took a shower and then started cleaning up around my apartment. The whole time I was cleaning, I couldn't help but to think about Jason.

The way he kissed me has replayed in my mind a lot of times. I'm just trying to figure out if he kissed me like that because he really meant it, or if he was just caught in a vulnerable moment.

Yes he is going through a lot, which is why the woman that I am, I won't do anything or allow him to do anything that he will regret. I just want to make sure he is fully aware of his actions.

If he was divorced and healed, I would show him the treatment he deserves. However, he's not divorced and he's far from healed. I know healing for him, may take a minute.

I want to give him the version of me that'll show him how I carry myself as a woman. I want to show his young ladies, how a woman is supposed to conduct herself as well.

Right now what Jason needs is support, love and even a friend. I can do all of those things in a cordial and respectful manner.

Right on cue, Jason started calling me.

"Hey J." I answered.

"Hey, you busy?"

"No just cleaning up the apartment."

"You might as well give it up and just move in with me. You're never home." He laughed.

"As long as you're in the house that your wife owns, I can't do that." I laughed.

"Respect. Soooooo I need a favor." He said while changing the subject.

"What's up?"

"You still interested in working the front desk at the gym?" He asked.

"Of course, I don't mind. Long as I can leave to get the girls."

"You can. Shawn and I are struggling trying to run the desk and do our other obligations. It'll be Monday through Thursday. We have another girl that works Friday through Sunday."

"You have someone to cover the evenings?"

"Yes we have college students that covers those shifts." He answered.

"Yeah I can do that."

"Would you like to come now?" He asked.

"Sure. Let me change into something comfortable and I'll be there." I smiled.

"See you soon."

As I was getting ready to walk out the house, I received a text from Passion.

Passion 🩷:
Hey Kayla, they have dance team tryouts and I was wondering if I could try out after school. It's at 330. I already messaged dad but he hasn't responded.
Received.

Sure go for it. I'm so proud of you. I'm about to go to the gym, I'll tell him.
Sent.

Passion 🩷:
Thank you. You're the best. I love you BIG.
Received.

I love you too baby girl. Now put your phone away and enjoy your day.
Sent.

When I arrived at the gym, Jason and Shawn were both at the front desk signing papers.

"There she is, hey sis. How are you?" Shawn greeted. That's the first time he has ever called me sis.

"Hey I'm good. How are you two?"

"A little slammed but we are managing." Shawn said.

"Hey Kayla." Jason smiled as he hugged me.

"Hey hey."

"Thank you for accepting this position. As always I could use the help."

"Stop, you know I don't mind at all." I smiled. "Oh, check your phone. Passion texted you."

"She did? Is everything okay?" He asked almost in frantic.

I touched his arm. "Relax. Everything is fine. I took care of it."

He read the message. "What did you tell her?"

"I told her to go for it and that I would tell you." I shrugged.

"I'm surprised she is interested. They hate participating in things because I can rarely be there and their mom is never there." He said while texting. "That's why they both gave up cheerleading not too longer ago."

"Well they have me, and I'm always going to be there and I'm going to make sure you are there." I said.

"You tell him." Shawn said. "I've been telling him to go, but he acts like he can't leave the gym."

"Bro." Jason said. "Shut up."

I laughed. "Fellas, let's be nice."

"You ready to get started on some training?" He asked.

"Yes I am." I smiled.

This should be fun.

☀️