♛八♕

⊱ ──────ஓ๑🏀๑ஓ ────── ⊰

YUUTO WASN'T AS oblivious as everyone thought.

Sure, he admits that he could be a bit slow sometimes, (most of the time actually), but he wasn't that dumb to not notice it.

Despite being done discreetly, (or maybe not — maybe Kubota actually wanted them to know that he knew everything about them, but who knows what he's thinking), he noticed how Kubota was dropping hints that he knew about them.

"You tell me."

"And don't worry, my lips are sealed."

He noticed how Momoi was looking at them, even sometimes avoiding them when they're together.

"Dai-chan, I think they already have plans..."

He noticed it all, but he just pretended that he didn't, because he didn't want to make Nijimura feel that they should be hiding their relationship more than they should be doing.

Honestly, he also didn't want to hide their relationship in the first place, but he also wanted to respect Shirogane's wishes — he's still their coach after all. And there was one more reason, but that's a story for another time.

However, after knowing Nijimura's sentiments about how he actually wants to tell the world about their relationship — Yuuto couldn't hide it anymore that he felt the same way too.

For once, he didn't want to care about what everyone would say or think of them.

"H-Hey, are you really sure about this?" Nijimura asked for the twelfth time as he and Yuuto were walking to the gym where their teammates were. It's not that he was asking because he himself isn't sure, but he just wanted to make sure that Yuuto wasn't doing this just because it's what Nijimura wanted. "We don't have to do this if you're not ready."

"Shuzō-chan..." Yuuto turned to him, warmly smiling. "I'm ready."

Nijimura always knew that Yuuto was bolder than he looked.

From confessing to him, to being able to vocalize his thoughts, to telling Shirogane and his parents about their relationship — and now, this.

To some, they might think that being brave should be all about showing strength or power, but Yuuto was brave in a different way.

Sure, Yuuto couldn't knock someone out if his life depended on it, but he's not afraid to vocalize his thoughts on something — to tell someone off if they're on the wrong — to be true to himself and to others.

Yuuto was brave in a way that not everyone could be, and that made him so admirable in Nijimura's eyes.

And he also knew one more thing: once Yuuto says something, he's definitely going to do it.