SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN[ Sold To The Devil ]"I'm sure we'll meet again, and I will personally escort you to hell"

CHAPTER SEVEN
[ Sold To The Devil ]
"I'm sure we'll meet again, and
I will personally escort you to hell"

JOHANNA DIDN'T DARE TRY TO ESCAPE. With Dream of the Endless and the Angel of Death on her tale, their combined power would prevent her before she placed a reasonable distance between them. The occultist remained ahead, her heavy footsteps colliding harshly against the large puddles that littered the brick coated pathways.

               "She's worried," Morpheus observed simply. He didn't lift his eyes from the back of Johanna's head despite feeling Azrail's deadly glare fall to him with confusion. "This... war you speak of is concerning many creature of magic in the Waking World."

                Azrail could feel the similar fear that lingered in the air amongst magical creatures. It was tense amongst Rick the Vic and Hettie when they had found Johanna hours prior. The tip in balance was frightening and the uncertainty surrounding such an event left a disgusting taste in the polluted air.

                  The Endless had been missing in the brutal fight, but the Grim Reaper was right there by the likes of the Phantom Stranger, Doctor Fate and many more. Creatures of mass creation and mass destruction standing side by side to preserve what was left of the realm. She never wished to relive the brutality that was chaos personified.

Azrail shook her head dismissively. "If we restore the Dreaming and you take your rightful place as King of Dreams," she explained carefully. "Balance should be restored and chaos will not etch its way into the mortal world."

"What caused such an event last time?" Morpheus question, finally sparing a glance at the Grim Reaper. But considering how significant his imprisonment had been to such a shift in order, there was one clear and vivid occurrence that could have resulted in such a battle.

Azrail exhaled a sigh, moving her scythe to lean against her shoulder as they came to a stop. She wrapped her arms around the long staff in a more relaxed stance as she glanced at Morpheus. Ahead, Johanna was clearly off to another world as she mustered up the courage to enter the building. The sorcerer constantly shifted on her feet, scratching her hands with vigorous movements as she exhaled heavy breaths.

"Destruction leaving his post was only the beginning," Azrail explained heavily, the distant memories of Order versus Chaos plaguing her mind. "Though we managed to contain it, it was only a matter of time before Chaos fought back again. You're imprisonment would've been the leading cause." The Grim Reaper frowned, pondering over the godlike beings she had fought beside centuries ago. "I'm surprised Nabu hasn't hunted us, perhaps he has already spoken to Destiny?"