EIGHTEEN

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN-[ An Impossibility ]-"Perhaps you're more on an idiot then I have thought"

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
-[ An Impossibility ]-
"Perhaps you're more on an idiot then I have thought"

AFTER WATCHING ROSE ALMOST GET JUMPED ONLY TO SAVE HERSELF AND BE CONFRONTED BY A BRITISH MAN IN A LARGE GREEB SUIT, AZRAIL FOUND HERSELF FOLLOWING MATTHEW TO THE FAMILIAR PATH THROUGH THE DREAMING. The girl was impressive to say the least. After following her for the better half of a day, they had discovered Rose was really headstrong and confident as well as brave and could protect herself if the need presented itself. She was a lot better then Azrail had predicted and a lot nicer then the Reaper had thought a vortex could be.

Entering the palace, Azrail began the familiar track to the throne room when Matthew too a sudden detour. He circled Azrail in the air and with a loud caw flew in the opposite direction.

"Ugh, damn it." She flew after him, both slipping through the painted entrance of the library and greeting Lucienne who did not seem please to see them.

               Matthew landed opposite the librarian, perched on a small pile of vintage books, their covers practically shining under the desk lamp. "I don't wanna be the bird who cried wolf."

                 Lucienne sharply looked up from her work, sudden worry striking her dark eyes. "Oh, dear."

                  "But if Rose Walker's dreams tonight are anything like her waking life..."

                    "What happened?"

                    Azrail childishly landed on the table, unfazed as Lucienne cried out in distress, watching all her work scatter under the swoop of the large cloak. "She was attacked outside some bar in Florida, and defended herself quite well might I add, before a Brit in a green coat came and escorted her back to where she was staying."

                      Lucienne's brows furrowed and pulled of her glasses in quick succession. "What is she doing in Florida?"

                      The Grim Reaper hopped down from the desk, pulling a collection of scrap paper down with her. "From what we gather, he brother's missing. She last saw him in Florida."

                       "Jed Walker is missing?" Lucienne returned her glasses to her face and pulled a book assigned to the Walker family, rapidly beginning to flick through in search of the proper reports.

                        Matthew squawked. "Well, Rose can't find him."

Azrail peered over Lucienne's shoulder as the woman pulled back the fragile pages of the book, it's cover heavy in her open palms. A shuddering breath her lips, one of both confusing and abrupt worry. "I can't find him either," she confessed with great hesitance, scanning over the records repetitively.