TWENTY

CHAPTER TWENTY-[ Land of the Unknown ]-"As it has become accustomed for me to be"

CHAPTER TWENTY
-[ Land of the Unknown ]-
"As it has become accustomed for me to be"

MAEVE JOINED THE MISSION. Well, to the best of her abilities considering she can't access the Dreaming unless she falls asleep. But her connection to the Justice League would provide a lot of help that no one else can offer.

           "Matthew!" Azrail called as her and her sister hurried under the gazebo, spotting the raven speaking quietly with Rose. Catching their attention, she lifted an arm to gesture to Maeve. "Look who's decided to join us."

            Rose was instantly to her feet, gasping at the sight of the Fallen Angel. Except in her eyes, Maeve wasn't the outcast but one of the most famous people on the entire planet. "You're... oh my god, you're from the Justice League!" she stammered, a large grin forming over her dark face. "The Angel!"

             Maeve clutched Azrail's shoulders, shaking her sister with purposeful aggression. "Yes, and this is my dear younger sister."

                Azrail slapped Maeve's hands away with a low growl.

                 "Is the Justice League helping too?" Rose asked giddily, looking around them in search for the infamous heroes.

                   "No, they're not. They don't even know I'm out of Gotham," Maeve dismissed with a simple shrug of the shoulders. She turned to Rose. "I suggest you get going, kid, or people are going to be confused as to why you're speaking to thin air and a bird."

Rose blinked, taken aback by the claim. "Wait, but what about..." she awkwardly gestured to the two sisters with a squinted gaze.

"We purposely use spells to conceal ourselves from you humans. We can bend it to our will. We pick and choose who sees us and who doesn't," Maeve explained quickly.

The younger woman nodded, muttering an "oh" through her pursed lips. "Of course you can."

With a promise from the three that they'd watch over her, Rose reluctantly parted ways with the superhero, the Grim Reaper and raven. The three did follow her absolutely everywhere. With Azrail and Maeve using their own spells to be concealed from sight and Matthew blending in perfectly with the wildlife, they could stay as close as they needed.

                        There was a lot of Azrail holding her sister's arm as they found the Corinthian lingering around too. Maeve was ready to leap into action, to drag him away by his ear, but Azrail still insisted there was nothing they could do about him.