thirty

I am awoken by Harry stumbling over a chair. Oh, what a nice start into the day.

“Love”, I groan, “What the hell are you even doing.”

Harry giggles, covers his face with his hands and shakes his head. “Trying to get through this kitchen-living room-bedroom-mess.”

I laugh and let my head fall back into the pillow. “I maybe should go back to my bed. Even though I’ll really miss our sleepovers.”

“I know a solution”, he blurts out, giggles, blushes all at once.

“I wouldn’t mind”, I say, shrugging, “It doesn’t really make any difference whether I’m sleeping twenty centimetres below or right next to you. Besides that, I’m already feeling guilty for you having to sleep on the couch.”

“I wouldn’t mind either”, he says, placing two mugs with tea on the table, smiling down at me. “Now get up, we’re having breakfast.”

“Thanks for preparing”, I say and sit down in my pyjamas, staring at Harry for as long as I want because I suppose I can do that now.

“Stop the staring”, he says and throws a cornflake at me.

“Idiot. I stare when I want to, thank you very much.”

He giggles and blushes before pouring milk into his bowl.

“Harry, would you mind meeting with the others again today? If not, we can stay home. That’s fine too.”

He shakes his head slightly and swallows the cereal. “No, all good. I don’t mind meeting them again. They were nice.”

“Okay. Just, if it gets too much, you tell me, alright?”

He nods with a big smile and nudges his foot into mine under the table. I press back.

After we finished eating, we carry the mattress back to my bed and fall onto it together.

“I have to admit”, Harry says and sighs happily, “This is more comfortable than the couch.”

I nod and move over to him, kissing his cheek, his jaw, the dimple in his cheek, the corner of his mouth.

“Idiot”, he mumbles, smiling, cheeks pink.

“Why?”

He shrugs. “Cause you’re doing this.”

“There’s nothing idiotic about it, my love. It’s called affection.”

He rolls his eyes and turns to his side so I can’t see him anymore. I spoon him, wrapping my arm around his waist, pressing my chest to his back.

“I don’t like you being like this”, he whispers, “It’s scary.”

“Joking or not?”, I ask, just to make sure because I’d never, ever wanted to make him uncomfortable.

“I do like you being like this”, he corrects, “but it is indeed scary.”

I laugh and then we kiss and his lips are soft and perfect and warm and his hands are big and strong and on my back, keeping me in place and I want him to forever stay mine.

“If we don’t want to be late again”, I say, pulling away from the kiss, “We should leave now. If you decided you rather do want to stay that’s fine.”

“It’s tempting”, he says, “But no, we’re going.”

I nod and we leave just a few minutes later, hands intertwined until we reach the door. “Holding hands outside yes, or no?”, I ask.

I’m pretty sure he’s not ready yet, judging from his past with relationship with man, thinking about how his father reacted.
“Would you be mad if I said no?”

I shake my head quickly. “Your decision, baby.”

Oops, where did that come from? I blush and look away, hoping he didn’t hear.

“Then no. Just for now, still getting used to this.”

“Okay.” I tiptoe and peck his lips before letting go of his hand and opening the door.

He smiles and nods while we walk out of the house. We walk in comfortable silence and his presence next to me makes me feel ever so safe and comfortable.

Zayn and Gigi are already sitting on a small blanket in the park, a few snacks laying next to them.

“Hello”, Harry says quietly and I want to squeeze him until he’s relaxed and happy.

Zayn waves shortly before dropping his hand back down to the ground. “Hi”, Gigi says, “You’re early today. I have no idea where the rest is, but sit down."

We sit down next to each other, Harry’s hand touching mine ever so slightly with the tip of his fingers.

I smile at him and he smiles back happily.

“Sorry for last time again”, she says and rolls her eyes, “We can be a really normal group, too.”

Harry laughs quietly. “That’s fine. I quite enjoyed the evening.”

“Alright”, Gigi says and grins before stuffing a cracker into his mouth.

“Ugh”, Zayn mutters with closed eyes, “I’m still really fucking mad at her for having used my sweater to dry the water.”

Gigi rolls her eyes and laughs. “Took me all of my willpower to convince him to come with us today.”

Zayn snorts and throws a raspberry at Gigi.

“So you’re a couple then?”, Harry asks.

Gigi laughs and nods. “He’s not the most couple-y type so that doesn’t always become clear.”

Zayn slaps her arm softly. “I do not want to be like Taylor and Joe, flirting all the time, that’s all.”

“I did pick up on them”, Harry says, “Was rather easy to notice. Niall and Amelia too, I suppose?”

We all nod. “They’re really chill, though. Niall just kissed Louis recently at the club and she didn’t mind.”

Gigi slaps Zayn’s arm so hard he flinches. “Zayn”, she shouts before turning to Harry to see his reaction. I’m not sure whether that expression on his face is confusion or jealousy.

“I didn’t really kiss him”, I quickly explain, “There’s nothing, I repeat nothing, going on between us. There was just some gross dude hitting on me so I pretended he was my boyfriend.”

Harry smiles and shrugs before nodding. “It’s not like you couldn’t have kissed him.”
“Back then”, he quickly adds, “I mean-“

He stops mid sentence and blushes and then Zayn suddenly opens his eyes.

“Wait”, he shouts “You two”, he moves his hand through the air between us, “Are a thing?”

We both quickly shake our heads. “No”, Harry says, blushing even deeper.

“Totally not”, I add, “No. Harry is super straight. Like a ruler. Straighter even.”

Zayn snorts and closes his eyes again. “Totally.”

To our rescue, Liam and Sophia arrive, holding hands and carrying a bag of crisps. I think they finally got over their 'not being official phase’ and are in a relationship now, if I caught up on things right.

“Hi”, Sophia says and sits down on the grass next to me because the blanket is way too small for all of us.

“Good thing you’re here”, Gigi says, “Things just got really awkward for those two.”

They don’t ask what I’m happy about but sit down next to us. After a bit, both Niall and Amelia, Lewis, Maya and Taylor, without Joe arrived.

Apparently, he has some meeting for work and I can’t say I’m unpleased the constant flirting won’t be bothering us today.

I look at Harry and he smiles back, happily.

~~~

<3