thirty-one

“Louis?”, Harry mumbles, pressing a finger into my waist, “I think I’ll leave.”

I turn around from my conversation with Taylor and Gigi and nod. “I’m coming with you.”

“You don’t have to.”

I nod. “I’ll come. It’s late anyways. We could make some pasta together?”

He smiles a bit now and nods.
“Alright guys”, I say, “We are leaving. It’s late.”

They nod and both Taylor and Maya are leaving with us, walking along the little path before we part ways.

As soon as we’re alone, I can feel Harry relaxing next to me but I don’t ask if something is wrong until we arrive home and sit down on the couch together.

His shoulder’s touching mine and he keeps wiggling his foot. “Louis?”, he asks, “They aren’t”, he stops again, shrugging, “They’re not, it’s not like they’d mind, right?”
I raise an eyebrow, trying to understand what he wants to tell me before he’s pointing at me first, at him afterwards. “They wouldn’t mind us?”

“Us being in a relationship?”

He nods. “They kind of know now. I’ve never been out to anyone else then two of my closest friends and you. It’s a bit hard. I didn’t get the best reaction when people found out.”

“Oh”, I say, “I’m sorry, I didn’t want them to find out, I shouldn’t have said the thing with Niall, maybe?”

He shakes his head. “Just tell me they’ll be fine with it.”

“Of course, they will be. Believe me, I know there’s way too many straight couples in our group but Niall’s kissed at least five boys, Maya likes girls, Zayn is pan or something and I am pretty sure Taylor had a girlfriend in school.”

“Okay”, he says, smiling happily, “Maybe soon I’ll be able to be more relaxed around them, yeah?”

I nod. “Don’t worry about that, darling. You don’t need to pressure yourself.”

He smiles happily and presses the side of his foot into mine before turning around awkwardly and pecking my cheek once.

“Kiss me properly, ass.”
He laughs and pecks my lip, Sticking his tongue out afterwards.

“I kiss you when I want to, don’t tell me what to do.”

“Well, then I kiss you when I want to, too.”

I sit on his lap halfway before finally, fucking finally, connecting our lips again, feeling the warmth his body radiates, his hands on my back, his hair tickling my cheek.

“You’re wonderful”, he mumbles when pulling away again.

“You’re beautiful.”

“Go on a date with me?”

I smile, broadly, at his words and at the way he blurts it out as if I’d say no, as if that’s not what we’ve been doing already anyways but I nod.
“Gladly.”

“Cool.”

I laugh and hide my face in his neck and he pulls me in, in, in. Closer, closer, closer. Until I feel like we’re one like my body melts into his and like I’ll never be able to tear away from him again.

“I like you.”

I’m in love with you.

“I like you too.”

“Cool.”
I laugh again. He makes me so, so perfectly happy.

“Stop saying that, you sound like an unmotivated teenager.”

“I am a teenager, babe.”

“You called me babe.”

“Oh.”

I giggle. “I like it.”

“Cool.”

I push him softly and he laughs, so beautifully.

I don’t think he knows how much I feel for him, how I care for him so deeply that all I want is to give him all the happiness in the world, I want to wrap all the flowers and chocolates, all the pretty pictures and stuffed animals, all the kisses and stars and the sun, the moon and all beautiful things into wrapping paper and tie a ribbon around them, give it to him as a present so he knows what he deserves.

I want to wrap him into a blanket, lay him down on the bed, make him stay there and never go out again so he stays safe forever.

“I think I like you more than I like all the butterflies in the world together”, Harry says and it’s the weirdest and most beautiful thing someone ever told me.

“I think you’re prettier than all the stars.”

“I think your eyes are bluer than all of the oceans.”

“I’m pretty sure your hair is fluffier than a cloud.”

“Hugging you feels better than being wrapped into the cosiest blanket.”

“Kissing you feels better than taking a bath on a cold winter day.”

“I’m pretty sure I’ll fall for you a bit more every day.”

Oh god.

“I think I already fell for you harder than I ever would’ve considered it possible.”

“Cool.”

I roll my eyes and laugh and then he wraps his arms around me and I feel so small and taken care of, so comfortable and safe.

He keeps kissing the top of my head, again and again, whispering to me how much he likes me, how he likes me more than butterflies and the colour blue, more than flowers and donuts, more than jewellery and more than any person he ever was close to.

And I say I like him more than waves and the ocean, more than the moon and chocolate, more than all of my friends and more than myself.

He says I shouldn’t like him more than myself. I say I can’t help it. He says he likes me better than himself too and I can’t comprehend that.

He says I’m like his role model. I say I want to be as strong as he is.

We stay like that forever. He keeps kissing my hair, my forehead, my cheek, my lips.

I trace along his arms and his chest, his tummy with my fingers, I kiss every single knuckle of his, I tell him how perfect he is.

He says he feels safe with me. I tell him I feel comfortable with him. There’s this feeling in my chest the whole time, making my heart beat fast.

I wonder if it’s love.

~~~

it's love.

or is itttttt?