Chapter 3

"KIDS GET UP!! I TOLD YOU TO PACK LAST NIGHT!! WHY DID YOU SLEEP ON THE COUCH? GET UP GET UP WE ARE LEAVING IN 20 MINUTES!!" My dad yells as we all jump up off the couch and I see Blake trip over a pillow.

"What are you talking about dad?" Jace groans.

Then realisation hits us and we all scream and run up the stairs pushing each other to get there faster.

I sprint into my room and grab my large duffel bag, I've always loved this bag because it was so insanely big and could fit like everything. I run into my closet and stuff a few outfits in and grab some underwear and socks. I then lay it on my bed and grab my book, phone charger, laptop, headphones and some other essentials. I then run into the bathroom and see Caleb and Jace already in there grabbing their bathroom necessities. I wait impatiently as they sprint out again.

I then grab my shampoo and conditioner and my bathroom bag with everything inside. I go back to my room and stuff them in too with a few pair of shoes and quickly fling it over my shoulder.

I run downstairs and chuck it on the couch next to my brothers' bags. They give me my ready-made cereal and we all quickly stuff it down and then drink a glass of water and then we all grab our bags, and run to the car. Dad is just about to get in and we all put our bags in and get in.

We are all breathing heavily and dad looks impressed. We smile sheepishly and I let out a long sigh before we pull out of the driveway. We are half way down the street when Blake suddenly screams like a girl.

We all cover our ears and dad stops the car. Blake runs out quickly and sprints back into the house. We all look at each other, and then we see Blake walking out of the house with his teddy he got from mum before she died.

We all groan and he walks into the car with a happy smile on his face.

"Seriously you need to get your shit together Blake" Jace shakes his head.

"Shut up Jace, I was being rushed and plus at least I didn't forget my dog" he smirks at me and passes Garden as he barks and licks my face.

"Awww I can't believe we almost forgot you baby," I say in my high pitch animal voice.

Everyone laughs and dad starts driving again, I giggle as Garden takes up like all my seating space but I don't mind because I love him so much.

It takes us 4 hours to get there including us stopping a few times to get food and walk Garden around a little. We finally arrive and we see the beta who visited us about a week ago. I think his name is Beta Johnson, but who cares I won't be seeing much of him anyway. He meets my father half way and tells him to follow him and leave us outside.

Well that was rude, what are we meant to do?

"Garden!" I yell and he comes sprinting at me "let's go for a wee wee"

He barks happily and his tail starts wagging, I laugh and start walking to the forest. I am almost at the edge when someone stands in front of us. Garden stops simultaneously with me.