Chapter 9

I wake up too a really heavy thing draped across my waist, I try unconsciously wiggle out of it but that seemed to awaken the demon as it pulled me closer flush into a shirt clad chest. It was really nice and warm and I could already feel my teeth chattering so I turned around and buried my nose into the chest.

Wait a second, a chest? My eyes flutter open to come in contact with a large square chest and as I look up I see the beautiful face of Xavier. He looked absolutely at peace when he slept; I wanted him to stay asleep because at least he wanted me in his sleep.

But dreams don't always come true as his eyes flash open to look me directly in the eyes. No sign of sleep left but I don't mind as I lay my head back on his beautifully sculpted chest. But even this moment is short lived as Xavier pries me off and gets up to go to the bathroom.

I go under the sheets but purposely stick my butt out so that he would see it. I start to drift back to sleep and but then Xavier comes back and covers my ass with the sheets. I turn to look at him and he is wrapped in a towel.

I gasp and I think I actually drooled this time. I couldn't see the front but the back, holy hell it was like a sight from heaven. As he walked his muscles tensed and I was definitely very aroused right now. So I jumped out of bed and went into the closet to join him.

"Charlotte I need to get dressed," Xavier, says annoyed.

"Oh haha what a coincidence! So do I!" I laugh and turn to look at my clothes.

I wrap my arms around myself already feeling the cold seep in from the open window. At first I thought it was really selfish that Xavier had left the window open, and then I thought, he actually didn't know I wasn't a werewolf. I was meant to easily be able to deal with this cold.

"Charlotte don't get me on my bad side," Xavier growls from behind me no doubt looking at me.

"Oh but babyyy you don't have a bad side," I wink at him.

He sighs and walks out of the closet, waiting for me to get dressed. I pick out my warmest outfit, which is leggings and a t-shirt, great I am going to freeze to death. I walk out of the closet and walk straight past Xavier, downstairs and into the kitchen where I once again meet Lauren.

"Charlotte? What are you doing here?" she asks surprised.

"Xavier is my mate," I blush and walk over to her.

"Oh honey good luck with that, but at least I'm here we are going to have so much fun," she squeals ad jumps up to hug me.

I hug right back and we have breakfast together, me of course having coco pops. We have small conversations here and there before Xavier comes in dressed in a suit and grabs an apple and leaves again.

"Urgh that sucks," Lauren complains.

I just nod in frustration and drop my spoon. Lauren gives me a helpful pat on the back and walks away, probably going to her room or to explore.

I decided that I would go out too, my panther had been restless and I knew I should take her out for a run. So I quickly ran out of the house and into the woods, I continued to walk until I was on the top of the huge mountain that the village was placed on.

It took me about 2 hours but it was definitely worth it, the view was magnificent. Forest filled the whole area sometimes there were fields with flowers and sometimes there were lakes or small rivers. It was fantastic and I couldn't wait to explore.

"Well here goes nothing," I say to myself as I strip and shift into my panther.

I knew it was super dangerous and someone could find me, but I really needed this. I ran swiftly through the forest and although you could see me perfectly against the white snow, the dark trees made me undetectable.