16 - Favors and Foes.

5 hours ago

5 hours ago.

Gradually, my consciousness returned to me, but it was accompanied by a searing pain pulsing through my head.

My thoughts were a jumbled mess as I struggled to make sense of my current situation. Fragmented memories of two armed men holding me at gunpoint flashed before my eyes, followed by a sudden darkness that enveloped me.

And now, I found myself shackled to a cold pole in what appeared to be a dingy storage room. The throbbing in my head was almost unbearable, making it difficult to focus on anything else.

But how long had I been here?

Anxiety and fear began to consume me as I pondered this question. Every minute that passed felt like an eternity, each one bringing with it a surge of terror and apprehension.

"Is anyone there?" I pleaded, my voice trembling with desperation.

But the only response was an eerie silence that seemed to mock my fears.

Desperate for answers, I shouted again, "Please, just tell me what you want!"

But my pleas fell on deaf ears, and the silence persisted.

It wasn't until what felt like hours had passed that the door suddenly burst open, and a man barged in, carrying a tray of unappetizing food. "Eat," he commanded gruffly.

A wave of revulsion washed over me at the sight of the food, but all I truly wanted was to be freed from my restraints. "How am I supposed to eat like this?" I spat, gesturing to the cuffs that bound me.

Ignoring my protests, the man released my right hand, thrusting a fork into it. "You have fifteen minutes," he barked.

"But I'm a lefty!" I protested, hoping he would release my other hand.

"Nice try," he sneered, before turning on his heel and locking the door behind him.

With limited movement in my one free hand, I strained to break free from the cuffs, but my attempts were futile.

Time seemed to stretch on endlessly, accompanied by the sound of my own racing heartbeat.

Is this it for me?

Am I going to die here, alone and captive?

I knew the person behind this, and I knew he was going to kill me.

I pushed the untouched plate of food away, trying to ignore the thudding of my heart in my chest. My mind raced as I heard footsteps approach.

Surely it couldn't have been fifteen minutes yet?

Suddenly, the door creaked open again, revealing an imposing figure clad in a sharp grey suit. My heart skipped a beat as I recognized this man all too well. How could I forget him? His smug expression and confident gait radiated fear, sending shivers down my spine.