7 - Us And Them.

It had been two weeks since Mel's accident, and seeing her up and about again brought a sense of relief to my heart

It had been two weeks since Mel's accident, and seeing her up and about again brought a sense of relief to my heart. She had met Luca during her stay, and I couldn't help but notice the way their eyes lingered on each other.

Despite her protests, Alessandro and I convinced her to stay a bit longer, wanting to make sure she was fully recovered before leaving.

Winter was just around the corner, and the chilly air was starting to settle in. Opening the bedroom window, I took a deep breath of the fresh, crisp air. It was invigorating, and I could feel it filling my lungs with a renewed sense of energy. I loved this time of year, when the world seemed to slow down and everything felt a bit more peaceful.

Making my way to the walk-in closet, I ditched my pajamas and scanned the new collection of clothes Alessandro brought me. My hand hovered over a sleek black turtleneck dress, contemplating whether it was too dressy for a day spent indoors.

Suddenly, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a figure perched on the edge of the bed, discreetly observing me. Alessandro was sitting there, feigning ignorance and pretending to be distracted by something else.

A shudder ran down my spine as I came to the shocking realization that he had been watching me, while I was practically naked.

In a rush of embarrassment and irritation, I pulled on the black dress hurriedly, rushed out of the closet, feelings of revulsion and rage pulsating within me.

Without bothering to filter my anger, I snapped at him, "You can't just barge in here while I'm dressing! Respect my privacy!"

Unfazed, Alessandro slowly rose from the bed, towering over me like a statue with his intimidating height. "This," he stated in a dismissive drawl, indicating our surroundings with a nonchalant sweep of his hand, "Is my house. It's up to you to adjust here. I won't."

The audacity of his response sent waves of outrage coursing through me. "How am I supposed to adjust to YOU? You're intolerable, and your lack of respect is shameless!"

Alessandro cocked an eyebrow, a self-satisfied smirk crossed his lips. "Really now?" he taunted, an irritating, mocking note tinging his words.

Incredulous at his behavior, I bit back with annoyance. "You got no respect. You got no love, no affection! What are you?" The venomous words rolled off my tongue effortlessly, and I wished for them to cut him deeply.

He paused, taken aback, the amused glint in his eyes replaced with sheer rage. Swiftly, he reached for me, yanking my arm and pulling me to him. Startled, my heart pounded against my chest as our eyes locked, and we stood in unnerving closeness.

"What do you want?" he whispered menacingly, his voice a growl that sent shivers skittering down my back.

"I don't want to be in the same room with you!" I retorted, attempting to keep my voice steady, despite the trembling anger within me.