(1) Sleeping Cuties

Special suggestion by Soo_younggg

It was a quiet night in the house.

The television was on a low volume, the dim light of the screen cascading across the living room.

The only noise heard amongst the quiet was the shuffling sounds of Jungwon. He pulled the blanket over himself, laying curled up on the couch.

The time was 10pm, and after an eventful day of playing with his friends, he had fallen asleep. Jay walked in, noticing the figure on the couch. He walked up to him, turning off the TV.

"Wonie? Are you sleeping?"

The boy rolled over, pulling his blanket closer. Jay smiled to himself, picking up Jungwon from the couch.

He quietly moved through the house, taking him upstairs. The maknae line and Sunghoon shared a room. Jay opened the door and stepped in. It was dark as he walked to where he knew Jungwon's bed was. Right next to his bed was Sunghoon's, which was empty. He laid the sleeping boy down, watching as he adjusted to the soft mattress.

Across the room, small whines were heard. Jay quickly went to the source of the sound, seeing Niki whining in his sleep. He sat next to him, putting a hand in his hair to calm him. Luckily it worked and the sleeping boy calmed down.

When Jay was about to leave, the door was pushed open.

Sunghoon came in, carrying another sleeping boy in his arms.

"Wow, so they all fell asleep before 10:30?", Jay asked sarcastically.

"Sure did."

Sunghoon put Sunoo down in his bed, covering him with blankets.

"Is everyone else awake?"

"Jake and Heeseung are in the backyard. We saw a stray dog."

"Nice."

Jay and Sunghoon went downstairs and into the backyard.

Jake was walking around with a flashlight behind Heeseung.

"Are you guys filming a ghost documentary or something?", Sunghoon laughed.

Jake turned off the flashlight and the two walked up to Jay.

"Are the littles sleeping?", Heeseung asked.

"Yep. All three of them.", Jay answered.

"Earlier than usual. Should we go inside? I think that dog left.", Jake said.

Everyone agreed and went inside.

Jake decided to get a snack and went to the kitchen with Jay. Sunghoon wanted to watch TV and sat down on the couch. Heeseung was about to join him when he heard a noise.

"Hey Hoon, did you hear that?"

"What did you hear?"

Heeseung was listening intently, seeing if he heard the sound again.

And he did hear it, recognizing it as the cry of an upset little. His big brother instincts kicked in and he ran up the steps.

Opening the door to the room of the maknae line, he saw Jungwon sitting up, crying into his blanket.

"Oh sweetie! Why are you upset?", he asked, sitting by him on the bed.

Jungwon leaned into him, crying more.

"Sweetie don't cry, hyungie is here."

He held the boy close, rocking him slightly. He decided to lay down next to him in an effort to get him back to sleep.

He got under the blankets and held the upset boy in a hug.

Pretty soon the cries were reduced to quiet sniffles. Jungwon was looking at Heeseung, wiping his eyes.

"It's okay, you can go back to sleep. I'm here."

Jungwon laid his head on Heeseung's chest, snuggling up to him.

"You're okay sweetie. Don't cry."

The little was asleep again a few minutes later. Heeseung didn't move, and ended up falling asleep himself.

Jake and Jay were on the couch with Sunghoon.

It was now past midnight, and they were the only ones awake. Well, mostly awake. Jay was leaning on Jake, eyes half open.

"Maybe we should sleep too.", Jake said.

The other two nodded. They got up from the couch and started walking to their rooms. Sunghoon opened the door to his room and saw Heeseung sleeping on Jungwon's bed. The little was laying on top of him.

"Hey guys?"

"Yeah?", Jake and Jay said in unison.

"Want to sleep in here?"

The two looked at each other.

"Okay I call Sunoo.", Jake said, pushing past the other two.

"I guess I'm next to the maknae.", Jay said.

"And here I am, lonely.", Sunghoon said, followed by an exaggerated sigh that made Jake chuckle.

He laid down in his bed.

"Goodnight Jake, goodnight Jay."

"Goodnight Sunghoon.", they both said.

"Hey toss me one of Sunoo's stuffed animals."

Jake threw a random stuffed animal across the room to Sunghoon.

"Thankssss."