Chapter 65

March 19th, 2022

Rory and Gigi were walking down Newbury Street in Boston, enjoying the sunny spring weather, Gigi already holding a large and classy looking totebag that held her bridesmaid's dress, the bag closed off with a large pink bow. It was a lot easier to shop for a bridesmaids dress than it was for a wedding dress. And it certainly helped that Gigi had the type of body that'd look great in a potato sack - pretty much every dress she'd tried would've have worked and it had only taken her three dresses to find the one she and Rory both liked. It certainly helped that Gigi seemed to be really good at making quick decisions and not fretting over them unlike Rory often found herself doing. Gigi had gone with a light gray short sleeved cowl front maxi dress, that had some beautiful button back detailing. It was simple, nothing too revealing, but it definitely had some understated sexiness to it.

Gigi's accidental pregnancy and the abortion weren't taboo topics, but they'd definitely been swept under the carpet - Rory was willing to listen, but Gigi didn't really seeming to want to or need to talk about it. At least on the surface she seemed to have her own methods to deal with it. In a way it was a relief and maybe she indeed was a little bit more resilient, and perhaps all of this was a little bit more easier when the hearth wasn't involved as much as it had been in Rory's case.

Rory hadn't brought up her 'maybe' either, planning on taking the test the next morning together with Logan, in hopes for the most accurate results. She was looking forward to doing this together with him this time, loving the support she'd felt throughout the week from Logan already. The little things mattered. Him switching out his coffee too half de-caf and making sure he integrated more greens into her diet, but not in a way that was pushy or screamed 'pregnant'. But Rory was embracing her seamless sports bra to the fullest whenever she wasn't at work - now too, the sensitivity in her breast having become even more prominent, making her fairly certain of the test's outcome. Women just knew these things sometimes.

"I think dad's having an affair," Gigi said out of the blue, just as they'd crossed a street, having previously mostly talked about Em, Logan and the wedding preparations.

"He's what!?" Rory exclaimed, not believing her ears, coming to a half, as a group of tourists passed them.

"He's been going away for weekends - it's all very hush-hush," Gigi explained. "He comes all rested - you can just see it in his face... Or I don't know, last weekend he was complaining of sore muscles...," she added.

"And when you ask him where he was, he says what?" Rory inquired, feeling puzzled.

"At a friend's place, somewhere by the coast. Oh and one time I caught him looking at yachts, and when I commented on it he totally just lied, telling me he was helping a 'friend' pick one out," Gigi replied, rolling her eyes, clearly not believing him.

"Huh," Rory pondered, unjudgementally at this point. He could think of his father doing this also really for a friend - who knew, she didn't exactly know a lot about who he hung out with. "And Lana?" she asked.

"Her parents are having some medical issues so she's been spending a lot of time there, or she's just busy with work. I barely see her, though I know she's home at least at nights," Gigi explained.

"Well, I guess they are adults... if this is how they are okay with things then who are we to say anything," Rory shrugged, realizing that they were all adults here, even Gigi.

"Yeah I know, but I just wish he'd just come out and say it, not lie to me like some kid," she replied.

"Mh-mh," Rory hummed, understanding well what she meant. "Maybe he's just not ready to say it?" she suggested, shruggin her shoulders.